Are you looking for something meaningful and have at least 20 hours per month to volunteer? The Dedications Specialist is a very meaningful position as you are arranging the "Dedication" for someone moving into a home that they have helped to build! Pleae read the description below.
This nonprofit organization helps people in our community and around the world build or improve a place they can call home. Below you will find some unique volunteer opportunities and at the same know that you are helping someone. This particular opportunity is located in Tacoma.
Volunteer Position: Dedications Specialist
Hours requested: 20 hours a monthWorks with: Homeowner Services Department and Pipeline Families
• Send introduction letter explaining that they will be working with the family to set and complete their house dedication.
• Initiate contact with family to review all needed steps for house dedication;
• asks and confirms all choices for dedication, including cake, speakers, minister/pastor;
• schedules all internal and external participants and speakers;
• coordinates date for dedication with CEO, Construction, family and all participating speakers.
• Works with Development on dedication program to make sure agenda, volunteers, donors and speakers are confirmed and correct.
• Sends electronic invitations by Outlook calendar to internal staff;
• invites all interested external invested parties; print booklets and all needed materials;
• conducts monthly audit/inventory of supplies to make sure that everything needed for the basket of blessings
and events supplies;
• order supplies through HSM as needed;
• gather supplies for day of event;
• set up event day and clean up after or organize volunteers to complete cleanup.
• Inspect property at least one week before home sale to determine cleaning needs (dirt, house damage, bathroom conditions, pests, etc.).
• Coordinate with contracted cleaning services for home presentation as needed.
• Schedule walkthrough with Construction Site Manager and family.
• Other dedication-specific duties as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE RSVP (RETIRED AND SENIOR VOLUNTEER PROGRAM)
RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) is the nation's largest network for volunteers age 55 and over. The growing segment of our older population is vital to strengthening our communities through their interest in helping others. As an RSVP volunteer, you are strengthening the positive impact people 55 and older have in our communities. Our focus is to incorporate meaningful volunteer opportunities that provide purpose and a way to give back to the community.
RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers as it matches their personal interests with opportunities to serve in their communities. In 2016, Pierce County volunteers served 89,000 hours...what a positive effect this has in the community!
Current RSVP volunteer positions include local food banks, congregate meal sites, non-profit thrift stores (shopping assistants, sorters, warehouse assistant, truck assistants, retail assistants, assemble furniture in a fully equipped build shop), administrative/clerical assistants, assisting immigrants, English as a Second Language (ESL), reading/enrichment/tutoring/ mentorship groups and success coaches, gardeners for local non-profit, Russian and Spanish translator for food banks, construction volunteers (no experience required), and Immigration Intern, throughout the Greater Tacoma, Puyallup, Graham and Lakewood area.
We are continually bringing on new and unique volunteer opportunities.
RSVP is sponsored by Lutheran Community Services Northwest, a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of the people it serves.
INTERESTED or have questions? Please email or call and we will mail or email an RSVP application for you to complete.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers