Rescue Mission Purpose, Vision and Value Statement
The Rescue Mission is a Christian non-profit organization that has been offering God's help, hope, and healing to the most impoverished members of our community since 1912. Our goal is to help everyone we work with become a fully contributing member of the community.
All Mission programs and services are based on Christian values and a commitment to quality. Clients are our primary focus, treated with dignity and compassion; relationships are built on love and truth; integrity is never compromised; service is measured for efficiency and effectiveness; and teamwork and trust are basic to our working relationships.
Build relationships with families living at The Rescue Mission by offering a safe and supportive environment for youth to engage and interact. Develop and implement youth programming, which will emphasize academic progress, life skills, wellness, and social-emotional learning. Support all youth programming as needed, with a focus on 6th-12th grade. Promote safety of families, quality of programs and appearance of facilities at all times.
• College degree in Social Services or related degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• Two years' experience directly related to working with youth in 6th-12th grade of diverse backgrounds
• Knowledge of developmentally-appropriate activities
• Ability to work as a member of a team inspiring trust and speaking truth
• Ability to build relationships with individuals and organizations within the community
• Demonstrate adaptability and patience- able to work well under pressure, reframe conflict, and de-escalate in stressful situations
• Show strong organizational and administrative skills
• Effective skills for mentoring, coordinating, and supervising students and volunteers in an educational setting
• Maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality
• Effective written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
• Effective listening skills and problem-solving techniques
• Basic computer, math, and grammar skills
• Valid WDL, clear driving record, proof of insurance (if driving a personal vehicle on TRM property), and able to pass internal driving test in a 15-passenger van
• Pass an extensive background check
• Operate printer, copier, scanner, and telephone
• CPR/First Aid Certification (within first 30 days)
Duties and responsibilities
• Establish professional, caring, strengths-based relationships built on truth, respect, encouragement and trust.
• Maintain a high level of integrity in modeling and promoting the Mission's core values and culture standards.
• Work as a member of the team to:
o help establish youth department strategies, policies and priorities
o advise Youth Program Manager in all matters pertaining to the youth program
o help solve organizational challenges
o proactively assist as necessary in the overall success of the Mission
• Meet parents of new participants and check-in on an ongoing basis. Obtain youth intake paperwork.
• Meet with students on a regular basis.
• Develop, plan, and implement safe and appropriate youth program curriculum and activities. Maintain records of curriculum and program design.
• Update parents and students on youth programming, including creation and distribution of calendars.
• Record attendance hours and demographic data. Complete daily and monthly outcome/output reports for youth programs and volunteers.
• Work with the family, school, and TRM staff to address student progress and school attendance, on a case-by-case basis. Identify student needs and connect to appropriate resources and providers.
• Complete student assessments and track progress.
• Network and partner with other agencies working with youth within the community.
• Develop and supervise relationships with volunteers and interns, fostering a mutually beneficial experience.
• Coordinate and collaborate with TRM staff.
• Facilitate Youth Program policies and support all youth programming as needed.
• Operate Rescue Mission vehicles in accordance with TRM Policies.
• Assist in cleaning and supplying Youth Program facilities.
• Provide data, photos and anecdotes for social media and grant-writing/reporting.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Youth Program Manager.
Office environment, on your feet several hours a day. Require valid WDL with some travel between Mission sites and locations in the community driving TRM 15-passenger vans. May be required to be outdoors in inclement weather and work irregular hours in order to coordinate activities for the youth.
Speak, listen, mobile, run, walk, hike outdoors, climb stairs, travel between locations, lift/carry up to 50 lbs., light custodial duties.
Monday-Thursday 1-7:30pm, occasional weekend events and overnight camping trips
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers