compensation: $17.32 – $19.92 HR/DOE Full time W/Benefits employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Catholic Community Services, Homeless Adult Services (HAS) is the largest provider of adult homeless services in Tacoma, Washington. Nativity House (NH), a program of HAS, is the central hub to serve homeless adults in the Pierce County region. It operates 24-hour/7-day a week, offering services (emergency shelter, meals, systematic outreach, Rapid Rehousing, Mental Health and Co-Occurring Disorder treatment, Employment Services, Spiritual Support, 50 units of permanent supportive housing, etc.) to meet the basic needs of individuals experiencing chronic homelessness guests with meeting their goals. The Stability Site is a homeless shelter/meals site that provides 1-3 meals daily (Sunday through Monday), as well as a safe and respectful environment where homeless and low-income individuals in Tacoma and Pierce County may access an array of emergency and supportive services. Benedict house offers emergency and transitional housing for single homeless men and homeless men with children in Kitsap county. Consisting of 24 beds and one family room, Benedict House also Provides case management, meals, and other essential supports for residents.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support by coordinating activities, between each of Homeless Adult Services’ programs, supporting programs and facilitating department objectives. This position is responsible for implementation and customization of department intranet platform for the data collection and report production for the HAS department. The position is also responsible for supporting the HAS Management Team of 5 staff with day-to-day clerical tasks.
• Collects, inputs, and analyzes statistical data needed to produce reports as needed for funders and other departments within CCS. Produce reports, presentations and briefs.
• Organizes work by reading, routing and answering correspondence; Handle visitors and telephone calls and take action as appropriate, providing background information for appointments. collecting, maintaining and prioritizing information, managing standard operating procedures and telecommunications, updating records and inventory.
• Produces information by developing, transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, filing, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
• Maintains department schedules by keeping calendars for department personnel; arranging meetings, classes, conferences, and travel.
• Oversee and coordinates the day-to-day operations, activities, and coordination of administrative support staff work activities within Homeless Adult Services. Oversee and coordinates staff scheduling for programs, assigning additional man power, directing and reviewing the work of operations assistants. Provides guidance, leadership, and direction to operations assistants as needed. Responsibilities include personnel management, supplies and equipment; overseeing the effective and efficient deployment of operations assistant staff, while ensuring compliance with regulatory, quality, and executive standards. Participate in the implementation of various process improvement goals and projects.
• Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy through supporting the management team:
• Facilitates department projects by creating and documenting the process to implement projects; monitoring projects progress; coordinating activities; communicating with vendors; resolving problems; making recommendations for management approval.
• Ensuring the lines of accounting are correct and all permissions for other than normal hours (i.e. Overtime, Comp Time, Travel Comp Time, and annual and sick leave) are properly recorded and approved prior to validation and certification by the employees' respective supervisors.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques, making recommendations for changes.
• Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work
• Assist with staff schedule and finding staff coverage as needed.
• May assist in ordering supplies for the department.
• May be assigned to take inventory of department supplies/equipment.
• Associates Degree in administration, social service, business or related field
• 3 years’ experience as Operations Assistant/executive support.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office. Excellent computer skills and experience with Window and databases.
• Experience working with office management systems and procedures.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people with chronic mental health, chemical dependency and legal problems.
• Demonstrated ability to type accurately and efficiently.
• Ability to be flexible, meet deadlines, and work effectively under stress
• Excellent interpersonal skills to include excellent communication and writing skills
• Must be very organized, with a strong ability to multi-task
• Ability to draft emails on behalf of high-level managers intended for senior level managers.
• Be a positive and proactive team member.
• Applicant must successfully pass required background checks prior to an offer of employment.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have an acceptable driving record per CCS' driving policy, (required to provide current driving abstract).
• Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
• Support and contribute to a creative, collaborative and respectful environment that promotes teamwork.
• Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
• Bachelor’s in administration, social service or related field
• Must have 2yrs experience working with the homeless populations.
• Proven experience as an executive Operations Assistant, senior executive assistant or in other secretarial position.
• Background in SharePoint as a power user or administrator, a knowledge of Office 365 and ability to implement and customize collaboration solutions within Office 365
Note to Internal Candidates: HR reviews internal compensation and determines increase based on their experience and also agency internal equity factors
Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.