favorite this postHelpline Coordinatorhide this posting
compensation: Salary Range: $32,000 - $34,500 commensurate with experience, plus benefit package. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
As a key member of the Parent Training and Information (PTI) Center and Family to Family Health Information Center (F2FHIC) for WA State (both are programs of PAVE), the Helpline Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring high quality support, assistance, and referrals for all callers and online help requests. We are seeking a candidate with proven experience in recruiting, training, and supporting volunteers and interns to staff the helpline Monday - Friday. The Helpline Coordinator will also be responsible for providing direct services for the programs of PAVE located on the TCC Tacoma Campus.
Position Summary: The Helpline Coordinator has primary responsibility for the operation of the PAVE Helpline and related information and referral services. This will include recruiting, training, and orientation of volunteers, and staffing and using PAVE's data management system to assist with providing support and delivering exceptional customer service.
Special Requirements, Physical Demands, Working Conditions:
• Some travel may be required for related area meetings and/or conferences as well as visits to other agencies, as necessary
• Flexibility in meeting demands and remaining positive during interactions is essential.
• Flexibility in working hours appropriate for responsibility for Monday - Friday services required (includes weekends for resource and community fairs, trainings, etc.)
• Knowledge of Rules and Regulations regarding implementation of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Section 504, and the related Acts/Laws associated with the provision of special education and early intervention services and youth transition services
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals of diverse economic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
• Pass a Background Check (DSHS/DDA Secretary's List: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=388-113-0020)
• Ability to interact effectively with others
• Resolving conflicts and internal issues appropriately, including providing difficult feedback to volunteers
• Functions well as a member of a team
• Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite and data management systems
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• BA or BS preferred; AA Degree or a combination of experience and employment that is commensurate is required.
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a social services agency
• Previous work as a volunteer or working with volunteers preferred
• Organized in time management, maintenance of records, and reporting
• Fluent in Spanish preferred
• Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED;
• Be a parent/guardian or a family member of a person with special needs, living or deceased
• Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite and social media or ability to learn the required technology for this position
How To Apply:
Fill out our PAVE application at https://www.tfaforms.com/4663000 and include a cover letter and resume as attachments. If you are having trouble with this format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified applicants who submit all three elements will be considered for an interview. Open until filled and submission is encouraged by March 26th.