Tahoma Associates, a non-profit organization supporting the needs of adults with disabilities, is looking for a professional, energetic self-starter who will obtain, train and maintain jobs for persons with disabilities in Pierce County. This is an entry level position for those who are seeking a career path in the human services field. If you are compassionate, outgoing, enjoy networking, and have a passion for maximizing human potential regardless of barriers, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Under the supervision of the Employment Services Assistant Director, provides vocational case management services with clientele involved in community-based employment. Services include assessing employment suitability, identifying vocational/employment goals, successful placement (job development) and follow along support (training and maintaining) of program participants as well as assisting individuals in achieving established personal goals on their path to work.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide timely delivery and written documentation of vocational/employment services
• Assess client's suitability and current capacity to perform work activities
• Develop a person-centered vocational/job goal
• Create client's resume and other documentation typically required while navigating the employment process.
• Obtain commitment of an employer to hire, train and maintain the client as an employee, through job development and direct marketing.
• Solicit and secure training and work opportunities with employers, making contacts, following up on leads and matching candidates with possibilities.
• Provide the client job site coaching with sufficient support and training to meet the employer's standards. Develop necessary tools to ensure client success.
• Ensure continued client and employer satisfaction through follow up assessments and employment mining techniques.
• Consideration given to candidates with a High School Diploma and at least one year experience serving individuals with special needs or relative experience and understanding. Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Sociology or Human Services or an Associate's Degree with one year experience serving individuals with special needs or relevant experience and understanding.
• Ability to communicate professionally, both written and verbally.
• Proven people skills
• Ability to move throughout a variety of workplaces and travel the community at large to meet job demands.
• Flexibility in work schedule to meet the support needs of job placements.
• Timely and successful completion and maintenance of all required background checks, insurance endorsements, training requirements, etc. and prior to unsupervised access to participants as required.
• Excellent time management skills and critical thinking skills
• Valid Washington Driver's License
• Proof of Liability Insurance
• Acceptable Driving Record
• Reliable Car
• Must be able to pass background check
• First Aid/CPR (within 30 days)
• Medical/ Vision and Employer HSA Contribution
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
• 401K Eligibility After One Year, Including Employer Match
• Mileage Reimbursement
• Cell Phone Stipend
• Additional Voluntary Benefits
Please visit our website: tahomaassociates.org for online application
You can also find our posting on Indeed
Equal Employment Opportunity
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers