compensation: Starting at $15/hour; Negotiable depending upon experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Receptionist/Legal Assistant sought for Tacoma Law Office to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Manage all front office activities, including keeping a neat and organized reception area, greeting and escorting clients.
• Welcome clients, in person, or on the phone in a professional and courteous manner; answer or direct inquiries adequately.
• Be personable, articulate, knowledgeable and professional.
• Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy in handling any complaints and situations.
• Follow established guidelines and procedures for receiving, documenting, organizing and mailing out correspondence.
• Work closely with the staff and attorneys to ensure seamless day-to-day operations as the first line of contact with clients.
• Take accurate and complete messages for those employees who may be unavailable.
• Handle inbound and outbound phone calls in a professional manner.
• Provide support to paralegals and attorneys as needed.
• Set-up file, data entry, filing, and scanning/copying.
• Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and others as needed.
• Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
• Maintain flexibility to assist with special projects, as needed.
• Manage office supply inventory and ordering.
• Schedule meetings, coordinate use of conference rooms.
• Perform other duties, as assigned
Other qualifications: At least one-year experience in a professional office environment, preferably a law firm. Experienced self-starter who can manage multiple tasks in tandem with very little supervision. Assess, manage and prioritize daily tasks in a busy environment. Ability to manage directions from multiple staff, following instructions is a must and must be able to retain information provided. Outstanding time-management skills. Ability to observe client confidentiality required. Experience using Microsoft Office and standard office equipment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate at all levels of the office. Be a problem-solver with the ability to identify problems, offer solutions, and efficiently solve them in a timely manner without assistance. Strong attention to detail and consistent follow-through.
Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers