Conducts inspections of incoming vehicles to detect damage, missing parts and mechanical problems; prepare and submit report of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates and related documentation.
• Conduct assessment of vehicle condition upon receipt noting any damage or repair required for frame, paint, engine, AC/heater operation, radio, navigation system, tires, etc.
• Prepare support documentation related to vehicle condition including vehicle identification data, condition description; repair costs estimates, photographs, etc.
• Maintain current knowledge of applicable labor rates, parts charges and manufacturer's updates; adhere to work instructions/procedures regarding inspections/documentation
• Conduct OVE courtesy walk around inspections
• Follow all applicable safety and health related procedures
• May be required to locate, start and move vehicles as directed
• Perform other job related duties as directed by supervisor
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• ASE certification or background in automotive repair, and cost estimating
• Knowledge ICAR Certifications preferred
• Valid Driver's License and safe driving record required
• Basic computer software skills required
• Ability to multitask required
• Must be detail oriented
• General knowledge of automotive body and mechanical work preferred
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear
• Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch and climb
• Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception
• Previous body shop experience, mechanical experience, estimating experience preferred
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, incadea® and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit www.coxautoinc.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Automotive
Primary Location: 19711 77th Ave S, Kent, WA 98032
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers