Join the TRA Medical Imaging team and become part of the largest subspecialized radiology practice in Western Washington. Since 1918, our mission to provide the highest quality, compassionate, and comprehensive care while continuing our legacy of innovative medical imaging in the communities we serve has been the driving force behind everything we do. TRA offers competitive salaries and benefits along with a challenging environment to provide growth while focusing on holistic wellness and employee engagement. To view our current career opportunities visit our website www.tramedicalimaging.com.
We are seeking mammo technologists (Full Time & Part time) for our Carol Milgard Breast Center.
The Mammo Tech role is essential to the breast center’s success. We work with all patients in Pierce County, and the broader Puget Sound area, who have breast concerns or are coming for their regular screening exam. CMBC is a breast imaging and diagnostic center with a 95th percentile patient satisfaction rating.
Carol Milgard Breast Center is the leader in breast health in the region as innovators, the latest technology and growth opportunities in the region. As a non-profit organization, community outreach and education are a primary focus of our work. Community partnerships with a variety of organizations strengthen our ability to reach many different types of populations to be successful in reducing breast health disease.
About Tacoma and Pierce County
Pierce County has a very strong and resilient economy and environment where people and business can thrive. Located on Puget Sound in Washington State, and covering 1,670 square miles, Pierce County is the second largest county in the state. Its population is about 800,000 people. Pierce County is home to Mount Rainier, the tallest mountain in the Cascade Mountain range standing at 14,410 feet—one of two national parks that bookend the county.
Immediately south of King County, where Seattle is located, the area provides easy access to water destinations, mountain recreation, big city entertainment and rural communities without the increasing cost of living and traffic congestion of King County. This southern part of the Seattle-Tacoma Metro Area is ideally located, 35 minutes to downtown Seattle, 25 minutes to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, 2 hours from the Washington and Oregon Pacific Coasts, 2 hours from Portland, OR, and 3 hours from either Vancouver or Victoria, BC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Each mammo tech is responsible for providing a first-class experience for patients and excellent images without defect.
• Provides patient care in accordance with the mission statement of the Company
• Obtains a thorough patient history as it relates to the exam to be completed;
• Prepares patients for mammography exams with thorough explanations of the procedures and clear instructions;
• Accurately implements the orders of the referring physician, producing mammograms with minimum patient exposure and repeatability;
• Rotate shifts as needed;
• Maintains high standards regarding the accurate recording of patient information;
• Presents high quality radiographs and pertinent patient history to radiologist for interpretation;
• Utilizes accurate written and oral communications with patients, physicians, co-workers and supervisors;
• Performs necessary computer functions associated with patient exam (Epic, MRS, Replica, and PACS);
• Keeps work area and patient exam areas neat and stocked with appropriate supplies;
• Participates in orientation, staff meetings, and in-service training for personnel;
• Maintains a professional demeanor with confidentiality;
• Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences;
• Cooperates and maintains good rapport with co-workers to ensure proper patient care and efficient workflow;
• Provides accurate information to key customers;
• Check Outlook email daily;
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions effectively.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
For this role, CMBC seeks a people-person who is deeply committed to the success of the organization and will be able to deliver the high level of service that the agency is known for. Must be able to meet and support the demands of a fast paced, customer focused clinic setting. Excited to perform effectively in a teamwork environment with respectful behavior and positive attitude with co-workers. Ability to demonstrate effective customer service skills, using AIDET/4 A’s.
• ARRT Advanced certification in Mammography ARRT (M);
• Must be and maintain compliant with all CME, education, certification requirements and provide documentation;
• ARRT, Registered Mammography Technologist (M), with WA State licensure;
• A valid driver’s license and auto insurance in good standing is mandatory;
• Current BLS certification required.
The company offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401k and profit sharing, disability and life insurance.
TRA Medical Imaging is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations in its employment practices.