compensation: Depends on experience and education employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you want to make a difference in a child's life?
As an Education Specialist at Hands On Learning Solutions in Gig Harbor, you will make that difference by helping to nurture and grow struggling students in a way that most have never seen before! We teach our clients 'How to learn' in intensive 'one-on-one' sessions. Our programs are proven to be effective with learning disabilities, Dyslexia, ADHD, and for those seeking to gain that competitive edge at school or work.
The Team Members we are looking for will be open to learning new ways of thinking about learning disabilities. In this part time position as an Education Specialist you will be responsible for managing and delivering your clients' programming. Excellent communication skills, patience, and a positive attitude are the keys to success in this position.
While having a background in teaching and the educational system is a definite plus, what we are really looking for in new Team Members is someone with a gift for working with children. Experience with students who are struggling to learn is preferred. Curriculum and materials will be pre-determined for each student, and Educational Specialists will apply the teaching methods presented during training.
Qualified candidates will possess the following characteristics:
• BA/BS or higher, or pursuing a degree in psychology, education, or related fields
• At least three years of experience working with children
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent command of the English language
• Possess strong phonetic and auditory processing skills
• Strong reading and writing skills
• Able to think on your feet and a quick learner
• Creative and enthusiastic
• Positive and patient
• Comfortable and confident with children
• Responsible and dependable
• Able to multitask
• Computer proficiency is required for a PC, including Word
• Able to routinely kneel, bend, crouch, and sit on the floor
• Self-directed with strong time management skills
You will need:
• Current First Aid and CPR certifications (60 days of hire -- kept up to date while employed)
• To pass a criminal background check and a child abuse check
• To be willing to take a Cognitive Skills/Phonological Awareness Assessment
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Delivery of instruction to clients
• Supervision of clients
• Writing progress notes
• Meeting with parents
• Having fun!
What we offer you:
• Highly responsive, dedicated supervisors
• Exceptional peer support
• Extensive training
• Your own office space to teach in (no driving or travel required)
• All the materials and supplies you need
This is the perfect job for an education professional who believes there is more out there to help the struggling student. This is also a great position for someone early in their career in education or other related fields.
We don't want this to just be a job but a passion.
You MUST be available at minimum to work 4 - 5 weekdays, Monday through Friday during the school year, 20 hours per week or more, and during summer. Some Saturdays are possible as well. This is a year round position.
Starting pay depending on experience and education.
We are hiring now!
If you think you would thrive in an environment like HOLS, please go to our website www.hol-solutions.com. At the bottom of the website will be a link called 'Careers'. On the Careers page you can upload your resume with a cover letter.
In your cover letter please tell us why you would make the best choice for our next Team Member.
Please DO NOT apply if you do not meet our criteria.
Please DO NOT apply if you are looking for full time work.
Please do not call or drop-by. Due to the volume of resumes, we will contact only those candidates whose experience, education, and availability match the current needs of HOLS. Thank you for your interest and understanding.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers