Position Title: Family Caregiver Specialist
Job # 010-SS-0018
Program: Social Services-Family Caregiver Support Program
Reports To: Caregiver Programs Supervisor
FLSA: Full-time Non-Exempt; 32 hours/week
The Family Caregiver Support Program is a free service that connects unpaid caregivers with community resources and supports that best fit their needs. Our ideal candidate is responsible, reliable and accountable, has experience working with unpaid caregivers and providing services to seniors and people with disabilities, and has experience providing person centered, strength based case management services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts TCARE Screenings to unpaid family caregivers to identify level of
caregiver stressors, burdens and uplifts.
• Conducts TCARE Assessments to determine goals, strategies and services that
target the stressors and burdens, and in coordination with the caregiver, develops a
Care Plan. As needed, facilitates referrals to other services or programs.
• Provides supportive consultation to family members or other unpaid caregivers
on often complex client situations.
• Assists caregivers in identifying alternative or informal resources when community
resources are not available or not appropriate, and coordinates services with providers
and resources to ensure service delivery.
• Advocates on behalf of clients to ensure their needs are addressed in an appropriate
and timely manner.
• Establishes and maintains client files including accurate and timely documentation in keeping with program and agency standards.
• Organizes caseload priorities in keeping with program and agency policy, including time frames, and workload expectations.
• Provide outreach to family caregivers, the community and providers through direct outreach, presentations, Powerful Tools for Caregivers workshops and information events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Services or Behavioral Science and two years of paid social service experience or a Bachelor's degree and four years paid social service experience.
• Ability to work and thrive in a team based environment.
• Knowledgeable of social services or human services issues, especially dealing with older adults and family caregivers.
• Experienced with identifying and planning for appropriate services.
• Knowledgeable of community resources.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Experience with PC based information systems
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook365, or equivalent programs
• Ability to learn and work with multiple databases systems
• Valid WA State driver's license and current automobile insurance
• Ability to work independently
• Strong organizational and self-management skills
The functions of this position are not necessarily physically demanding. The functions usually performed require sitting and the ability to sit in front of a computer screen for extended periods of time. Some amount of standing, bending, climbing stairs, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
• A cover letter that explains what interests and qualifies you to work with the Family Caregiver Support Program and Homage Senior Services.
• A resume with relevant experience and education.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
TO APPLY: Please submit Cover Letter, Resume and Employment Application to:
Homage Senior Services
Attention: Human Resources
11627 Airport Rd, Suite B
Everett, WA 98204
Visit our website at www.homage.org for application and more information about our agency
No phone calls or email inquiries please
Homage Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers