- Observe & follow all safety policies and procedures in compliance with the organizational rules, while seeking continuous improvement. Responsible for his/her safety as well as that of his/her colleagues.
- Set up, operate, or tend machines to coat products of varying sizes
- Clean machines, related equipment, and work areas, using water, solvents and other cleaning aids.
- Turn dials, handwheels, valves, or switches to machine temperature, air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings.
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects or deviations from standards, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Operate auxiliary machines or equipment used in coating processes.
- Record operational data on specified forms.
- Fill hoppers with material used to coat,
- Attach hoses or nozzles to machines, using wrenches and pliers, and make adjustments to obtain the proper dispersion of spray.
- Hold or position spray guns to direct spray onto articles.
- Inspects work pieces for conformance to specifications and adjusts machine to correct errors.
- Studies blueprints, work orders, or machining instructions to determine order specifications.
- Exercises independent judgment as needed.
- Lift and position work pieces, manually or with forklifts.
- General Pre-Blast Preparation
- Prep products for powder coating which includes masking, plugging, and taping of products/parts.
- Select and apply powder coatings per requirements and specifications
- Able to rack and unrack parts
- Able to safely and properly roll carts in and out of booths and/or ovens.
- Able to buff or repair parts
- Effectively uses work instructions
- Visually inspects material to prevent defects and scrap
- Responsible for quality of workmanship
- Provides written suggestions for continuous improvement
- Assists with the training of others
- Performs predictive/preventative maintenance as necessary
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards in accordance with 5 S principles.
- Additional duties as requested or required
- The ability to read, write, and speak in the English language. Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- The ability to work and visualize abstract concepts and ideas
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- The ability to prioritize and multitask
- Knowledge/skills in forklift operation
- Good to advanced knowledge of pressure washer parts and maintenance
- Good to advanced knowledge of Powder Coating application equipment and process
- 2+ years of experience in powder coating
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Continually lift, walk and stand
- Frequently push, pull, bend, stoop, twist, reach, grasp, and grip
- Occasionally squat, climb and sit
- Indoor environment: cold, heat, dust, fumes, airborne particles, minimal to moderate noise levels, machinery, moving equipment
- Outdoor environment: rain, extreme cold, wind, extreme heat, dust, moderate to loud noises, machinery, moving equipment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful candidate must submit a post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass Forklift Driver Certification Test.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass Respirator Certification Test
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers