The role of the Porter is to maintain all common areas in a safe, attractive condition. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed. Housing Hope emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove litter, debris, pet droppings from the grounds. It is especially critical that the following areas remain neat and free of litter at all times: laundry rooms, community areas, dumpster areas, recreation areas, grounds adjacent to the road, in front of office, walkways to and from and in-between buildings.
2. Notify manager of any diseased, dying or dead landscape plantings.
3. Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into dumpster. Pick-up and sweep area. Keep dumpster doors closed on windy days.
4. Perform routine maintenance on property as requested.
5. Clean and sweep dumpster areas and all outdoor recreational areas.
6. Use blower to keep sidewalks, curbs and walking areas clear of loose grass and brush.
7. Shovel snow, plow and salt or use ice melt, as needed.
8. Clean laundry room areas, stairwells, interior common areas, community rooms if applicable.
9. Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all times.
10. Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
11. Use safety equipment (goggles, masks and gloves, etc.) as tasks dictate.
12. Pressure wash sidewalks, driveways and garages as needed.
13. Assist with "make-ready" duties when requested.
14. Distribute resident communications, i.e. upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters, etc when requested.
15. Perform work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
16. Be aware of company goals relative to resident satisfaction, resident retention and ensure that you do your part towards meeting them.
17. It is the Porter's responsibility to know and adhere to all federal, state and local laws as well as all policies and procedures contained in the manuals issued by Housing Hope or as communicated, verbally or in writing, to site employees.
18. Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to observe areas needing attention/correction. Read cautionary labels, respond to written instructions from staff. Frequent need (33% to 66% of time) to see things clearly beyond arm's reach. Observe and assist maintenance, observe problems throughout property.
1. An associate in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools: hand tools; various wrenches, grips, sledge hammer, hammer, snips, post-hole diggers, saws and other machinery.
2. User-Moved aids: wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
1. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple demands and tasks.
2. Other duties as assigned.
• High School Degree or equivalent.
• Prefer 1-2 years porter, housekeeping or similar job experience.
• Apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one to four step instructions.
• Deal with standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from standard procedures.
REPORTS TO: Community Manager
SALARY: $14.50 - $15.50 / Hour
BENEFITS: Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B and more
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
The follow items are part of this position's normal routine and is required to perform this job.
• Bending, stoop, squat, kneel to do multiple items including repairs, debris pick-up.
• Climb Ladders.
• Climb Stairs to 2nd and 3rd floor apartments regularly.
• Push or pull; move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
• Constant need, 66% to 100% of time, to be on feet.
• Ability to reach above shoulders.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel. Finger dexterity, grasp, grip turn; handle tools and equipment, perform routine maintenance/repairs.
• Lift the following: Over 150 lbs. rare need (less than 1% of time), between 75-150 lbs. Occasional need (1% to 33% of time), between 25-75 lbs. Constant need (66% to 100% of time), and between 1-25 lbs. Constant need (66% to 100% of time). Lift and carry supplies, blower, ladders, etc.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The policy and intent of Housing Hope is to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sex, age, status in regard to public assistance, or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers