compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Senior Human Resources Specialist performs confidential, technical and clerical human resources generalist tasks and assistance. The Senior Human Resources Specialist is responsible for the administration of human resource programs, systems and records under the management of the Human Resources Manager, which includes some discretion and independent judgement. This position is heavily involved in data analysis and is responsible for making data-driven recommendations for process and policy improvements. The Senior Human Resources Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of personnel records, full-cycle credentialing and privileging of all licensed staff, compliance with education and training requirements and any related electronic systems software. The Senior Human Resources Specialist provides senior level human resources assistance to the department and the organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Demonstrates excellent analytical skills.
• Works independently and is self-directed.
• Supports, motivates and sustains a team-oriented culture.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities, tasks and projects using time management skills.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Produces work in high quantity and quality.
• Foundational competency in coaching and influence supervisory skills.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
• Human Resources Generalist experience (3 years).
• Human Resources Information (HRIS) experience (3 years).
• Data analysis experience (1 year).
• Supervisory experience at the department level (1 year).
• Professional of Human Resources (PHR); or
• Senor Professional of Human Resources (SPHR); or
• Society for Human Resources-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations: Human Resources
1. Department Oversight - Assists with the daily operational activities and functions of the department and staff under the direction of the Human Resources Manager. Provides support and assistance in the absence of the Human Resources Manager.
2. Compensation - Assists with compensation programs and processes, including the design and development of the Compensation Plan.
3. Benefits - Assists with employee benefits programs and processes, including negotiation of benefits and contracts. Assures benefit notification and enrollment for all eligible employees, including COBRA and timely payment of invoices.
4. Recruitment/Selection/Retention - Collaborates with the Human Resources team for the administration of recruitment programs, including but not limited to, recruitment and/or placement of temporary and permanent staff, maintenance of contracts and relationships with external organizations, compliance with documentation standards for verification of employee credentialing requirements and any related electronic systems and software.
5. Non-Employee Program Management - Assists with the Externship, Work Study and Volunteer Programs, including but not limited to contracts and relationships with educational institutions and other vendors.
6. Employee/Labor Relations - Collaborates with the Human Resources team for administration of employee relations, including but not limited to providing general human resources assistance to employees, management team members and external customers.
7. Performance Management - Assists with programs and processes related to performance management, including but not limited to, performance evaluations, corrective actions and performance improvement plans.
8. Health - Collaborates with the Human Resources team for the coordination and compliance of the organization's overall programs related to employee health and safety, which includes, workplace injuries and illnesses (in coordination with Compliance and Risk), workplace hazards, workplace exposures/infection control (in coordination with Infection Control), workplace emergency situations and community emergency situations. Manages contracts and relationships with employee occupational health services and responsible for the compliance with documentation standards for employee health requirements, including but not limited to immunizations, vaccinations and testing (e.g., Tuberculosis, Hepatitis B, Flu, etc.).
9. Credentialing/Privileging - Assists with credentialing activities and is responsible for compliance with documentation standards for verification of employee credentialing requirements, including but not limited to licenses, certifications, registrations, permits, educational degrees, association memberships etc.
10. Leaves and Accommodations Management - Assists with employees' leaves of absence and disability or other types of accommodations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, religious, etc.).
11. Unemployment - Assists with unemployment related claims with the Employment Security Department.
12. Satisfaction/Recognition/Motivation - Assists with the development and implementation of employment satisfaction and recognition policies, procedures and programs.
13. Legal/Regulatory Compliance - Assists with ensuring federal, state and local legal and regulatory compliance. Manages the Affirmative Action Program and serves as the Affirmative Action Officer.
14. Recordkeeping/Documentation Management - Assists with the administration of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), including but not limited to, documentation standards of personnel/medical records.
15. Investigating/Monitoring - Assists in maintaining a system for managing internal/external investigations/monitoring through internal reporting mechanisms (i.e., Dispute Resolution, etc.) and regulatory agencies, which may include initiation by reports from staff.
16. Education/Training - Assists with administration of education and training programs, provides opportunities for education and training, including career planning and development.
17. Data Analysis/Reporting - Collaborates with the Human Resources team in the preparation and analysis of information for the department. Makes recommendations based on data analysis to drive process and policy improvements.
18. Policies/Procedures/Forms - Assists with the development, implementation and review of policies and procedures and forms related to areas of responsibility.
19. Attendance - Adheres to standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities