compensation: $17.01-$24.67or $20.26-$31.41 with RDN employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Provide eligibility assessment and nutrition screening for home-delivered meal clients. Refer at-risk clients to Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN); clients with unmet needs to Aging and Disability Resources. Participate in Basic Food Program outreach activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform home visits to assess new home-delivered meal clients for program eligibility using program and state standards.
• Screen clients for nutrition risk; refer high risk clients to RDN.
• Provide basic nutrition and food safety education to clients as directed by RDN.
• Provide assistance to clients with program related issues such as ordering.
• Assess and identify client needs and make appropriate referrals to Aging and Disability Resources and/or other agencies as necessary.
• Reassess and monitor clients as needed with home visits and phone calls at established intervals.
• Maintain timely and accurate client and service data records electronically and manually as required by the program.
• Perform clerical functions as needed (scheduling home visit assessments, organizing educational materials, screening Care Coordination clients, etc.).
• Conduct and assist with group nutrition education and cooking demonstrations at meal sites including Center for Healthy Living, senior housing and other locations as directed.
• Develop educational materials including articles, flyers, newsletters, handouts and PowerPoint presentations in collaboration with RDN.
• Maintain communication with nutrition manager, nutrition office staff and delivery drivers with regards to client status.
• Assist with Basic Food Program applications.
• Attend scheduled meetings.
• Perform additional tasks as needed to assure smooth operation of the program.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
• AA or BA degree in gerontology, nutrition, or a related field, RDN desirable
• Also considered will be a combination of professional education and social services experience which would provide a sufficient background to accomplish the duties of this position.
• Demonstrated ability working with older adults. Preferred experience would include a general knowledge of the aging process and at least two years of full-time paid or volunteer experience working with the elderly.
• Requires interviewing skills with empathy for and sincere interest in working with older persons.
• Excellent map reading skills and knowledge of Snohomish County.
• Demonstrates basic understanding of health and nutritional needs of older adults.
• No at-fault accidents within the last 3 years.
• Sense of humor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Able to work in client homes which may have pets and strong odors including cigarette smoke.
• Able to be organized and multi-task
• Able to communicate effectively on the phone, in person, and in writing
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions
• Able to problem solve and work in stressful situations
• Intermediate computer skills that include Word, Excel and PowerPoint and database software.
• Able to work courteously and effectively with older persons, community groups, volunteers and a multi-disciplinary staff
• Valid Washington State driver's license
• Valid CPR certificate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, which are not necessarily physically demanding. The employee is regularly required to sit at a work station without a break for periods of up to two hours using repetitive arm, hand and finger movements. The functions are usually performed sitting, but may require some amount of time standing. Ability to work in a semi-open office setting with frequent in-person interaction and numerous interruptions, work under pressure, handle multiple tasks and prioritize competing demands is essential. Some amount of stooping, bending, crouching, lifting, walking, carrying and other movements may be required. Travel during normal business hours to various locations while riding with delivery drivers, driving agency vehicle, or driving own car. Non-smoking environment.
Closing Date: Until filled
Homage Senior Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and seek applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life to come join the Homage Team.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers