compensation: DOE, Medical/Dental/Vision, Vacation & Sick Leave, 10 paid Holidays, 403(b) with match employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Evergreen Recovery Centers has a Pregnant & Parenting Women's residential SUD program in Everett and is looking for paraprofessional support staff to interact with patients around the clock. A great job for persons working on the Addiction Studies courses and preparing to be a counselor. Full-time swing and graveyard shifts available.
Residential Specialists serve as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team by serving, engaging, and overseeing resident activities outside of clinical activities. Residential Specialists must demonstrate effective engagement skills with residents who have experienced substance use disorders as well as possible co-occurring disorders and who are now working on their recovery process. Residential Specialists collaborate with clinicians to reinforce positive recovery goals for residents and must show compassion and empathy while maintaining professional boundaries and modeling appropriate interpersonal behavior. They provide paraprofessional supervision and support to patients in residence in consistent with the program's clinical policies and procedures and reinforce the individual service plan to maintain a therapeutically sound clinical milieu. Typical tasks include conduct new patient orientation, engage with patients when counselors are not onsite, coordinate residents' transportation, transport residents as needed, and oversee resident housekeeping duties.
• Have an interest in substance use disorders and have some personal or work experience with persons with addiction and recovery.
• Ability to set boundaries and enforce rules in a clear but compassionate manner is essential; comfortable working in an all male patient population
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with federal and state laws as well as company policy and procedures
• Valid Washington State Driver's License, acceptable driving record and be able to operate a company vehicle without restriction
• No recreational marijuana use, no misuse of alcohol in past year, and comply with company drug-free workplace policies
We offer a generous wage and excellent employer-paid benefits which include health, dental, vision, prescription, short/long-term disability, life insurance, EAP, tuition reimbursement, and a 403(b) retirement plan. Applicants must successfully pass a criminal background check and pre-employment health screening (urine drug screen and TB test).