QR Code Link to This Post
Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive an unprecedented level of care by highly skilled professionals who know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For over fifty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Mental Health Clinical Supervisor - Mt. Vernon - Posting #18-103
The Mental Health (MH)/Co-occurring (COD) Clinical Supervisor works under the supervision of the Program Director. The MH/COD Supervisor provides direct services to patients diagnosed with mental health or co-occurring disorders and provides clinical supervision to assigned staff.
• In fulfilling these duties the incumbent performs the following duties:
• Participate in staff recruitment, orientation and performance supervision according to work rules, regulations and policies.
• Provide direct services to include, assessment, intake, individual and group therapy and case management; participate in and monitor walk-in access for MH/COD assessments;
• Schedule and facilitate individual supervision sessions with assigned staff; Monitor all ethical and safety concerns and report to Program Director immediately;
• Maintain full and open communication with the Program Director; promote communication between team members and other agency staff in the delivery of services;
• Ensure that continuous quality improvement addresses both patient centered care and compliance with agency, WACs, RCWs, BHO, CARF standards, Medicaid, and Federal Regulations;
• Comply with all applicable Lifeline Connections policies and contracts;
• Coordinate integrated care across behavioral health, physical health and recovery support needs;
• Ensure assigned staff collaborate with patients to develop an individualized treatment plan, revised when necessary, to address evolving patient need;
• Collaborate with community partners to increase patient access to services;
• Ensure counselors assist patients with selecting approved treatment providers for counseling, inpatient and other supports;
• Complete all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner;
• Seek supervisory assistance if problems with own or assigned staff documentation quality or timeliness occur or persist;
• Independently identify program needs and make recommendations to supervisor;
• Actively contribute to program development by participating in agency and community meetings;
• Other duties as assigned.
• A master's degree or further advanced degree in counseling or one of the social sciences from an accredited college or university required;
• Must qualify as a Mental Health Professional (MHP) and licensed in their field;
• Have a minimum of 2 years clinical supervisory experience;
• Be licensed or certified as a CDP or CDPT in the state of WA preferred;
• Experience providing treatment to persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses and substance use disorders in a treatment setting;
• Supervisory and program management experience is desirable, must have demonstrated experience providing supervision and/or mentoring to subordinate staff or co-workers.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, with excellent oral and written communication skills, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities;
• Sensitive to ethnic, cultural, gender; beliefs, and behaviors, substance use disorders, HIV/AIDS and related medical/social issues;
• Demonstrate understanding of substance use disorders/opioid use disorder and medication assisted treatments;
• Knowledge of pharmacology; clinical treatments of individuals with co-occurring disorders (mental/substance use disorders); crisis intervention; and professional ethics;
• Knowledge of community/health resources;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and organize work to satisfactory completion;
• Ability to drive between work sites throughout the work week;
• Current unencumbered driver license and proof of current car insurance may be required;
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills with ability to interact providers and team members from various settings;
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. We will only accept resumes with a cover letter specifying the position title and posting number of the position you are applying for. For more information on this and other positions, please visit our website at www.lifelineconnections.org
Lifeline Connections is striving to be your employer of choice by offering our regular/full time employees a generous benefits package. The plan covers over 75% of medical, dental, and vision costs for the employee and all dependents. There are no out-of-pocket costs for co-pays, prescriptions, or deductible under the medical plan. We also have employer paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and a 401(K) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 4%. On top of all that, our employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid time off during their first year of employment (accrual rates increase with years of service), as well as 3 personal holidays and 10 paid holidays per year!
Send us your resume and let's talk about you joining our team! Please apply below: