Guardian Management has an opportunity for a Part-Time Dining Room Server to join our experienced and committed team at Windsor Square!
QR Code Link to This Post
The general purpose of this job is to assure meals are served promptly, courteously, and in compliance with sanitation regulations in a clean and attractive dining room
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Schedule: 20 hours / week.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have valid food handler's card
- Maintains CPR and first aid certification as necessary to fulfill state or provincial regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English in a manner sufficient to carry out the duties of this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner; both verbally and in writing.
- Able to complete company training requirements for this position within pre-determined deadlines and attend other training sessions as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
Guardian Real Estate Services LLC -- Company Description
- Demonstrate a positive, professional and client-oriented attitude about the company with coworkers, tenants, clients and the public whether contact is by mail, telephone or in person.
- Constantly strive for improvements in work process and results to better meet client's expectations.
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner verbally and in writing.
- Greet residents and visitors at table before taking orders or serving.
- Politely and efficiently take meal orders and deliver them to the kitchen.
- Ability to multitask and able to manage numerous resident orders at the same time and ensure an exceptional dining experience.
- Ensure cleanliness of dining room/server station and awareness of health safety issues for self and staff.
- Serve late residents and guests and accommodate resident's special needs and concerns. Coordinate the delivery of meal trays to resident apartments as needed. Make sure adaptive equipment is present for residents who require it.
- Serve beverages, cereals, soups, salads, meals and desserts as needed. Assist residents with opening packages, cutting food, etc. as needed.
- Bus dining room tables as residents finish their meals.
- Make sure dining room is clean and attractive immediately following meal service, with proper arrangement of tables and chairs, proper table decoration and settings, and clean carpets and floors. Clean tables and chairs, vacuum and clean floors, and set tables for next meal service.
- Complete side duties such as adding sugar and creamer packets, cleaning beverage center, replenishing service bar, etc.
- Assist with banquets and special events and performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Help manage resident relations and complaints.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments and with coworkers. Attend and participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Accurately record time worked, adhere to time keeping guidelines, obtain approval for any overtime and coordinate your schedule with your supervisor to account for company training and to avoid overtime.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dining Room Coordinator.
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Guardian Real Estate Services has evolved into a leading management, development and investment firm. Our company offers a diversified real estate service platform including property management, investments, development, and advisory services. Guardian delivers custom solutions by offering a higher level of expertise, resources and creative capacity to develop a unique approach for each client. 40 years of experience, combined with the long tenure of our key staff, contributes to our strength and sets us apart in the industry. Our stability and security comes from our legacy of experience, industry knowledge, and integrity.
Guardian is a distinguished leader in the multifamily housing arena with a team of highly qualified real estate professionals. The company's vertically-integrated business model is sought by both private and institutional investors. Guardian's management portfolio includes over 130 assets throughout 55 cities located in four states, and is comprised of approximately 8,500 multifamily units. Guardian's portfolio includes a diverse mix of market-rate, affordable and senior housing. Guardian holds ownership interests in 35% of the portfolio under management.
Learn more about Guardian Real Estate Services here.
The Guardian Experience -- Our People
The Guardian Experience: Property Management is our strength. People have always been our passion. Our team is, and has always been, actively engaged in superior real estate management and enhancing the communities in which we live and work. In this economy, companies come and go. As a 3rd generation family owned firm, Guardian's growth and stability has evolved the company into a leading West Coast real estate management and investment firm.
In addition to competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits which include 401(k), generous Paid Time Off and paid Holidays, we offer a culture in which individuals work and participate in collaborative team environments and are encouraged to continue to grow both professionally and personally.
Welcome to Guardian!
To apply and/or submit your resume for this position you must go our website. Please use the following link to APPLY.
**We do NOT accept resumes for this position, you will only be considered by applying through our website.**
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at email@example.com.