QR Code Link to This Post
Molbak’s makes the world better by connecting people to one another and their surroundings. We inspire solutions for garden and home every day – from the ordinary to the extraordinary. This exciting hands-on position is responsible for leading all accounting functions for the organization. The right candidate will have an attention to detail that produces trusted information for informed decision making. The Accounting Manager drives a GAAP mindset through a strong retail brand that is executing on significant growth plans.
Financial Reporting - What’s happening in the business?
• Account reconciliation, general ledger maintenance, payroll, and credit card settlements
• Weekly cash flow reporting with regular bank reconciliations
• Accurate monthly financial statements supplemented with meaningful variance analysis
Compliance - Are we following the rules?
• Business tax submissions including: B&O, sales tax, Labor & Industries
• Preparation of year-end tax and audit schedules for outside audit firm and annual Personal Property Tax affidavits
• Quarterly 401k enrollments, bi-weekly employee contribution transmission, and annual Census filings
• ACA bi-weekly compliance reporting
Systems - How are we leveraging tools to help us do our jobs better?
• A deep understanding of the Point of Sale’s (NCR – CounterPoint) integration with our financial reporting (Microsoft Dynamics GP) and budgeting (Host Analytics) systems
• Fixed Asset system ownership including tracking acquisitions/dispositions, and depreciation methods: Internal, Tax, and AMT
Management - Is the team delivering maximum performance?
• An accounting team built on trusted relationships with direct reports and department heads
• Supervision, support and technical assistance to accounting staff in fulfilling commitments
• Opportunities identified to improve workflow efficiencies
• Special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated understanding of GAAP in a retail environment
• Natural propensity for organization and an aptitude for leveraging technology
• Skilled at prioritizing aligned objectives for team success
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• 5+ years of related work in financial reporting and internal controls
• 3+ years management experience
• Degree in accounting or related field
• CPA preferred
• Desire to live the brand, support the culture, and maintain a high level of enthusiasm
• Standard office environment; indoor and outdoor retail environment with some exposure to extremes in weather and temperature. The ability to work sitting, standing and walking for prolonged periods is required
• Must be able to safely lift up to 25lbs throughout the day and occasionally heavier objects/items.
• Comply with all company guidelines
This job description is only a summary of typical functions and is not a complete list of possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other duties as assigned by a manager.