Small and rapidly growing Aerospace manufacturing company specializing in Non-Destructive Test equipment (NDT) is currently looking for 1 -2 experienced machinists to add to our team. We need team players who are well versed in the operation of both manual lathes and manual mills. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in growing with a small company in a very niche field with high demand. Generous pay for experience!
* High School Diploma / GED
* Prefer at least 2 years of experience in machine set up & operation without assistance
* Demonstrated skill in the production of complex parts in accordance with aerospace related drawings which often include R&D type work.
* Understand general tolerances and blue print reading
* Understand how to use and read precision measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers or other precision instruments.
* Ability to work independently with little supervision
* Excellent communication skills and willingness to work with others.
*Needs to have an excellent work ethic and attendance
* Pays close attention to detail.
* Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Machines prototype R&D projects and short production runs for Calibration Standards and equipment using manual lathes and milling machines.
* Design and fabricate tooling such as fixtures, jigs and other tooling as needed.
* Set up and run manual lathes and milling machines.
* Work with Quality Control to ensure products are in accordance with drawing specifications and tolerances.
* Communicate with other team members to schedule and complete projects on time
* Complete repair and rework parts when needed.
Operate grinders, drill sharpeners, pneumatic sanders and other equipment as needed for related jobs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work area is moderate to low.
Company offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes PTO, Paid Holidays, paid medical, dental and vision after 30 days. Company sponsored 401K plan. Very competitive salary, $25-$30+ for the right candidate with appropriate experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers