Unique opportunity for an EDM veteran to be responsible for "Hands-on" operation in our Conventional EDM Dept. with an emphasis on production, tooling and exotic materials in the manufacturing of Reference Standards and Gage Blocks for the Nondestructive Testing (NDT) industry.
If you are ambitious, enthusiastic and have a desire to take your experience to the next level, we would like to hear from you. You'll join a well established company commited to excellence in the field of Nondestructive Testing.
The EDM Programmer/Technician is directly responsible for programming, setting up, operating and maintenance of electrical discharge machines which consist of both Wire and Sinker EDM’s in a manufacturing setting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
1. Supports the manufacturing and production teams by producing fixtures and tooling to be used in both conventional and CNC machines using Wire/Sinker EDM. Change/install Wire or Cutting, sanding and grinding of electrodes to prepare for the installation of defects/flaws into NDT calibration standards based on flaw sizes and tolerances allowed per drawing specification.
2. Reads and interprets engineering models and blueprints and follows written and oral specifications to operate machinery.
3. May use software to program and operate the machinery.
4. Performs visual inspections on items produced and on machinery itself to ensure accuracy and compliance.
5. Performs mechanical inspection using precision measuring equipment (EG. Calipers, Micrometers, Gauges, ect.)
6. Works with Production
Staff and QA to establish proper manufacturing methods and benchmarks for quality and to meet production goals.
7. Performs daily, weekly and annual maintenance on all EDM machines including preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance.
8. Orders and keeps an inventory of wire, filters and other machine consumables; orders new tooling and fixtures as needed.
9. Completes projects and tasks based on a given timeline independently without direct supervision.
10.Other related tasks as required.
11. Able to work well with others in a team environment.
1. Technical Capacity
2. High Degree of Accuracy
4. Work Independently
5. Project Management Capabilities
6. Problem Solving/Analytical skills
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: The ideal candidate has 1-5 years experience in Conventional EDM machining. Associate degree or trade/technical certificate preferred but not required.
Experience using hand tools and precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, drop indicators, sine plates, vices and gage pins.
1. High attention to detail, exceptional math and analytical skills required.
2. The ability to hold extremely tight tolerances.
Moderate to low physical Activity most of the time with occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Other Physical Requirements
1. Vision (Near)
2. Ability to wear PPE—Ear plugs, safety glasses as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work area is moderate to low.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes PTO, holiday pay, company paid medical, dental and vision after 30 days. Company sponsored 401K plan. Very competitive salary $25-$30+ for the right candidate with appropriate experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers