If you love books, nature, and working with people, this job may be right for you!
QR Code Link to This Post
For more than thirty years, Lone Pine Publishing has published top-quality books on plants, birds, gardening, folklore, and more. One of Canada’s largest publishers, Lone Pine is a family-owned company based in Vancouver, BC. Our US office and warehouse is in Auburn, WA. Our motto is “The World Outside Your Door”.
We have an immediate opening in book sales, and we are looking for a superstar! Are you a self-starter? Do you enjoy working with customers? Think you’d enjoy working with a small office team? Capable of working independently and efficiently?
Our new hire will be a professional, outgoing individual who enjoys providing exceptional service every day. Their goal will be to build rapport with our customers with a result of selling more books. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic multi-tasker who wants to learn new skills in business management, sales, marketing, and publishing.
You’ll be the primary team member responsible for:
• Customer Service: respond to incoming customer queries by telephone, email, and fax
• Order entry: process orders received by email, fax, phone, online (customers’ web portals), and enter into system
You’ll have a chance to grow in this position as you learn about our books and customers, and
• Work with accounts to increase sales
• Market our titles to specific accounts
• Create promotions for titles and events
• Liaise with field sales reps and commission groups
• Travel to regional book and gift shows
• Learn from experienced book publishing professionals
You’ll also be responsible for:
• Processing customer payments and credits; account reconciliation; monthly statements; collections
• Track invoices from vendors and outgoing payments in QuickBooks
• Analysis of accounts and sales as requested
• Record keeping, filing, and other basic customer service/AR/AP for a small independent business
From time to time you’ll be asked to assist the team in the warehouse, with such tasks as picking orders, processing returned inventory, or preparing small packages for shipping. When we’re at our busiest, everyone pitches in keep customers happy!
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Attention to detail
• Effective communication, via telephone, email, in person
• The desire to work effectively within a close-knit team
• The ability to multi-task
• Strong organization
• The ability to work independently
• A desire to grow with the company
• A positive attitude and desire to enjoy the work day
• Enjoyment in helping customers and co-workers
• Energy and enthusiasm
Education and Experience
• HS Diploma or equivalent; college preferred
• Previous employment in a customer service, sales, or marketing position
• Hands-on experience working with QuickBooks or another accounting program
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Some knowledge of accounting principles and practices
Full time M-F. Benefits included medical and dental insurance, paid holidays and vacation. Apply by email. Must include résumé and cover letter.