Local (Burien, Washington) family owned and operated home builder is currently looking for a Full time Purchasing Agent. The right candidate will bid on new projects, create and maintain scope for current and upcoming projects and look for ways to make the bidding process more efficient. Our product are mostly higher end spec custom and not track houses. Job reports directly to owner in a very small company where all are part of a team wearing multiple hats and not stuck at a desk doing repetition. Applicant must be able to Multi-task and take on other responsibilities as those arise. We have a relaxed atmosphere and are looking for employees that have plenty of experience but are looking for a more relaxed atmosphere to work within.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Manage and Create all Master Contracts will all subcontractors, including Insurance Certificates, safety plans and 1099s
• Identify New Vendors
• Organizing Take-Offs, plans and document organization
• Create Purchase Orders and track budget and changes through the construction cycle
• Maintain and update current budgets
• Work with Budgets for upcoming projects during the feasibility stages
• Create scopes of work for a variety of different product types including High End Spec Custom Homes, Townhomes and move up product
• Prepare direct cost analysis for and variances for review with Owner
• Work directly with owner in designing of new products, scopes and designs to stay current with market changes and buyer preferences
• Bidding, negotiating and Awarding of contracts for upcoming and current projects
• Product Feasibility research & Managing Pricing and Processing of Custom Changes
• Execute lot starts, including coordination with Permitting and Interior selections
• Experience with Sage (Master Builder) a plus
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. from a four year college or university preferred or one to two years’ experience and/or training or equivalent. Experience with a National Home Builder a Plus but not required.
Includes Paid Holidays & Medical Benefits
Please send Resume with Salary Requirements
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers