compensation: Depends on Experience/ $15 - $17 per hour/ Excellent Company-Paid Benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Mutual Materials is a fifth generation, family owned business that has grown from a single brick plant founded in 1900 into the multi-product masonry company that we are today. Currently we are the leading Pacific Northwest manufacturer and distributor of brick, block, interlocking and permeable concrete pavers, retaining wall systems, pre-packaged mortars and cements, and a full line of natural and manufactured stone. Mutual Materials Company operates in four states, Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana, in addition to British Columbia, Canada.
Primary duties include providing customer service to contractors and walk-in retail customers; handling cash/credit sales transactions. Telephone sales support includes answering customer questions, taking orders, giving directions, call routing and message taking. Sales support duties include preparation of sales orders, data entry of orders, updating displays and stocking literature, reordering and stocking showroom products. Clerical responsibilities include filing, preparing and sorting mail. In addition, this position requires some work outside, on weekends, as well as inventory responsibilities and other projects and duties as assigned.
• The qualified candidate must have excellent interpersonal written/verbal communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a fast-paced Branch team.
• Similar work experience and/or experience in the building materials industry is preferred.
• This position demands someone with a high level of customer service and the ability to handle multiple priorities is essential.
• Familiarity with computers, and strong mathematical skills are required.
• Previous experience with masonry products and/or construction practices a plus.