compensation: Hiring range $15.00 to $16.19 hourly DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Peer Support Specialist
Kent Clinic - Full-time
Are you someone with long term recovery from Mental Health or Substance Use Disorder and the desire to support others who are still struggling?
Are you passionate about sharing your experiences with others and would like to provide hope? If so, then we may have a career for you!
A "Peer" is someone who has applied for, is eligible for, or who has received mental health services. For Parent Partner positions, parents and legal guardians qualify as peer when they have a child under the age of 13, or a child 13 or older and they are involved in their treatment plan (WAC 388-865-0150).
Certified Peer Counselors work with their peers (adults /youth and or parents of children receiving mental health services) and are valuable members of the clinical team. Peers draw upon their experiences to help clients find hope and make progress toward recovery. Because of your own life experience, you are uniquely equipped to provide support, encouragement and resources to those we serve with mental health & substance use challenges
The Peer Support Specialist is responsible for supporting clients in achieving goals that promote recovery, resilience and wellness while working as part of an interdisciplinary team. They mentor clients in finding and living their journey to health and wellness in individual sessions as well as group treatment. .
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
• Engage clients in a professional and open manner
• Facilitate groups to include: wellness recovery action plan (WRAP), recovery and support groups
• Provide resources: schools, benefits, housing, food, etc.
• Sharing personal stories of successful employment and recovery
• Attend and participate in multi-disciplinary meetings with other treatment team members
• Provide outreach and community based services when needed
• High School Diploma or GED and continuing education in mental health field such as the Peer to Peer Counselor Program.
• Current driver's license and automotive insurance
• Pass Required Background checks
• Achieve certification as a Peer Counselor within 12 months of hire
• Good communication skills, teamwork and positive can do attitude
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities' most important asset - the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, FAX 253-661-8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Valley Cities Counseling and Consultation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers