compensation: Hiring range $15.00 to $16.19 hourly DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Peer Bridger - Full Time
Federal Way, WA
The Peer Bridger will function as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team dedicated to providing recovery-oriented, person-centered care with clients who are incarcerated or hospitalized, currently in the process of re-entry and/or monitored on a Lesser Restrictive Order (LRO). The Peer Bridger's primary job responsibility is to engage clients and help with community re-entry which includes assisting client's in the linkage to treatment and support services and continuing the relationship post-discharge from said institutions until full engagement in community treatment services has been accomplished. The Peer Bridger will provide hope, acting as a living example of recovery and will share relevant parts of own recovery journey in a strength based manner.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
• Work with people experiencing severe mental illness and/or substance use disorders.
• Provides assistance in identifying and linking client to community-based services and supports (primary care, mental health and or substance abuse treatment, housing, financial benefits, etc.).
• Peer Bridger's will model and coach clients on effective self advocacy as well as assist with goal setting.
• Work with a multi-disciplinary care team at Valley Cities and collaborate as appropriate, with other client systems and/or client provider networks.
• Provide one-to-one and/or group support during incarceration and hospitalizations, in some cases continuing to provide short-term-support services following release and/or discharge.
• High School Diploma or GED certificate
• Must obtain a Peer Certification within 6 months of hire
• Must have a valid Washington state driver's license and reliable transportation with current insurance
• Pass required background checks
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities' most important asset - the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: email@example.com, FAX 253-661- 8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032
We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers