compensation: Hiring range $15.96 to $17.74 Hourly DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Parent Partner: Wraparound Program
Part time or Full Time
Parent Partners are parents/caregivers who have lived experience raising youth with complex needs who have been involved with the mental health, special education, child welfare, juvenile justice, or developmental disabilities systems. Parent Partners serve as an advocate, mentor and coach to parents currently involved in these systems, and support the Wraparound Facilitator in guiding families through the phases and activities of the Wraparound process.
Essential Job Functions: (This is not the job description in its entirety)
• Utilize personal and professional life experience to provide support to caregivers enrolled in Wraparound
• Assist families in discovering and creating community and natural supports
• Maintain empathetic, yet professional, relationships with families served
• Assist families and youth in identifying a range of resources to meet their needs
• Act as a role model for team members in supporting family voice and choice, and maintaining a strength-based focus
• Assist in developing team plans that are strength-based, individualized and address the specific needs of the family
• Develop collaborative relationships with therapists, teachers, probation officers, social workers, and other system representatives connected to families
• A parent or guardian of child/youth with emotional or behavioral challenges
• Lived experience navigating the mental health, juvenile justice, special education, child welfare, or developmental disabilities systems
• Must be willing to use own lived experiences to provide hope and peer support to families experiencing similar challenges
• Must be able to engage and collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings
• Current Washington State Driver's license and reliable transportation
• Pass required background checks
Our caring, professional staff is Valley Cities' most important asset - the very heart and center of who we are. Every day, we strive to ensure that your experience working at Valley Cities reflects the importance of your role as we carry out our mission.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, retirement, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. Please send resume & cover letter to our Human Resources Department: Email: email@example.com, FAX 253-661-8644 or directly to Valley Cities/HR, 325 W Gowe St, Kent, WA 98032 We are dedicated to Equal Opportunity Employment & embrace the contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers