favorite this postFamily Empowerment Programs Office Assistant (SeaTac)hide this posting
compensation: DOE employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Refugee Women's Alliance (ReWA) is a nationally recognized multiethnic nonprofit organization that provides award-winning services to refugee and immigrant women and their families in King and Snohomish Counties.
POSITION TITLE: Family Empowerment Programs Office Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Family Empowerment Services, SeaTac Office
REPORTS TO: Family Empowerment Programs Manager
STATUS/PAY: Non-exempt Regular Part- time (15 hrs/wk)
PURPOSE: The Office Assistant will provide general receptionist and office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. This position will be responsible for answering and directing calls, greeting and connecting participants with resources, mail distribution, requisition of supplies, and other clerical duties. This position requires excellent customer service.
1. Answer calls; direct calls and pass messages to appropriate staff.
2. Retrieve messages from the general mailbox and transfer them to appropriate staff mailbox in a timely manner.
3. Record names, phone numbers and reason a client is calling for. When ESL clients call to be excused from class, record their
names and reason for missing their class and immediately pass the information to their respective teachers.
4. Greet clients and visitors, help them sign in and connect them with appropriate staff.
5. Perform filing and organizing administrative files and client's files for case managers.
6. Maintain office supplies and equipment; report general office maintenance issues to office coordinator.
7. Have a strong knowledge of programs and services that ReWA provides.
8. Maintain ReWA employee and department directories.
9. Maintain brochures and community resource flyers in the front office.
10. Help with creating and filing participant files.
11. Update SeaTac office phone greeting with current staff extension numbers regularly.
12. Help with translation or interpretation.
13. Send faxes and distributes incoming fax and mail.
14. Track and maintain Information and referral record in spreadsheet.
15. Consistently update staff in and out board.
16. Clean and maintain the order of reception area.
17. Replenish and refill printers and perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing.
18. Solicits and records office supply inventories and reports to office coordinator.
19. Other duties as assigned.
• AA in Human Services filed, and two years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and
• Proven ability to provide high-quality tracking and reporting system.
• Excellent customer service.
• Strong verbal and written English skills. Bilingual is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite
• Good knowledge of resources available to immigrant and refugee families
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• Respect for others' experiences, opinions, language, values, culture, and knowledge.
• Commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
• WA state driver's license and vehicle insurance.