McLendon Hardware is searching for dedicated, dependable and experienced Managers to join our Retail Management Team!
Days Off: Varies
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Store Manager
McLendon Hardware is a family-operated business that has served our local communities since 1926. We operate stores in both King and Pierce counties. From our flagship store in Renton to Woodinville, Kent, White Center, Puyallup, Sumner and Tacoma; and from our company sites; we provide our communities with a huge selection of products; knowledgeable, attentive Team Members; and Legendary Customer Service.
To Submit Your Job Application for the position:
Apply here: CLICK HERE!
***WE ARE LOOKING FOR MOTIVATED PROFESSIONALS FOCUSED ON ACHIEVING IN RETAIL***
Store Managment Qualifications:
• Associates Degree required; Bachelor's Degree in Business Management preferred.
• 2 - 10 years of progressive retail management experience.
• Proficient in the use of computers, including: MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), POS and Inventory Systems.
• Must have ability to identify and solve complex problems.
• Strong customer service with proficient written and verbal English abilities.
• Strong P & L knowledge.
• Must be able to secure Washington States Pesticide License within one (1) year.
General Work Activities:
• Lead and motivate a Store Team.
• Manage operations to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
• Provide McLendon Hardware Legendary Customer Service.
• Respond to customer issues and comments.
• Ensure Team Members are trained and have all tools required to successfully complete their job.
• Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales and staffing needs to maximize profits.
• Analyze and interpret trends to facilitate planning.
• Initiate changes to improve business.
• Manage stock levels and making key decisions regarding inventory control.
• Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
• Resolve health and safety, legal and security issues.
• Deal with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development.
• Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring local competitors.
• Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, identifying and resolving urgent issues.
• Promote the organization locally by liaising with local schools, chambers, newspapers, and the general community.
• Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues.
Workplace and Schedule:
Candidates will need to be willing to work early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays and extended shifts. Typically training/on boarding is done at our Renton location before transferring to assigned location.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Management job description is subject to change progressively as there is growth in business.
Compensation can include competitive wages, incentive plan, paid vacation and sick time, Employee purchase discount, medical and dental coverage and other benefits depending on position. And, if you work for a 'big box' or a major retail chain, we encourage you to consider employment with McLendon Hardware -- an Employee-friendly company, "Where People Make the Difference".
** Saturday and Sunday are our busiest days! YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AS PART OF A GENERALLY SET SCHEDULE! **
** Stable employment history required. Hardware or retail experience preferred. **
Apply here: CLICK HERE!
McLendon Hardware is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization, committed to building a diverse staff equipped with the knowledge sets and skills needed to provide Legendary Customer Service to each of our customers.