compensation: Depends on experience; health and dental benefits, 401k matching, stock options employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Over three million users at organizations ranging from small enterprises to U.S. government agencies and Fortune 100 companies depend on Agiloft's top-rated product suites for Contract Management Software, Service Desk, Custom Workflow, and more. Agiloft specializes in automating contract management and related processes that are too complex for competing vendors. Our best practice templates and adaptable technology ensure rapid deployment and a fully extensible system.
We have received a number of industry awards including a gold Stevie award for platform as a service, best contract management system from PC Mag and Infotech’s best value for money for its Service Desk application. Agiloft is also the only company with the confidence to provide an unconditional satisfaction guarantee on both software and implementation services, a distinction that has earned it a five-star rating on review sites like Gartner’s Capterra.
The Technical Writer will join the Documentation Team responsible for writing the online help and user documentation for our flagship product. This entry-level position requires strong technical writing skills and the ability to think like both a developer and an end user.
As a member of the team, you will interface with developers, QA teams, and project managers to identify critical documentation needs and create engaging, accurate content. The technical writer’s responsibilities range from editing UI text to writing reference docs to creating in-depth tutorials. Depending on the candidate’s interests and qualifications, the job may include training program creation, product development specifications, and tutorial video work.
• Write well-tested, task-based end user documentation such as reference articles, getting started guides, and feature tutorials.
• Write and edit UI text and context-sensitive help within the software.
• Work with the engineering and QA teams to test and document new features.
• Provide UX feedback during the development cycle. Serve on Development Teams and write specifications for new features.
• Create internal resources about features or processes.
• Edit documents for accuracy and style and ensure all publication standards are met by following established procedures.
• Effectively manage your time across several projects and tasks.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• 4-year college degree, science, engineering, math, or writing degrees preferred. Or, significant work experience in software technical writing.
• Minimum 2 years of full time work experience.
• Outstanding attention to detail, especially regarding formatting and grammar.
• Familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and/or wiki syntax.
• Must be able to write for a diverse user base with varying levels of technical experience.
• A logical, problem-solving mind.
• Excellent procedural analysis; ability to create concise, task-based user documentation.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Intelligence, creativity, and the ability to rapidly learn a complex and wide-ranging program.
• 2+ years of technical writing or software development experience
• Experience with business software, databases, and web-based applications
• Experience with video software and production, e.g. Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, GoAnimate, Final Cut Pro Competitive salary with incentive bonuses and/or monthly commissions (select the appropriate description depending
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
• Competitive salary
• Health and dental insurance
• 401k plan with company match
• Equity in a profitable and fast-growing cloud software company
• Referral bonuses
• Generous vacation and flexible work schedules
• Professional development and career growth opportunities
• Awesome team members