Rick Steves' Europe (RSE) is looking for a talented, full-time Associate Guidebook Editor to join our Book Department in Edmonds, WA. The ideal candidate will help maintain the high quality of the bestselling Rick Steves’ guidebook series and will share our philosophy of smart travel.
QR Code Link to This Post
Rick Steves' Europe provides a casual and rewarding work environment in scenic Edmonds, about 15 miles north of Seattle. We are dedicated to the cause of smart travel. In addition to our popular travel guidebooks, we design and offer guided European tours, produce a public television series and radio show, maintain an extensive travel website, teach travel classes, and market an exclusive line of travel gear.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• Edit Rick Steves’ guidebooks; review maps and manuscripts
• Update, fact-check, and repurpose guidebook content
• Assemble articles and other materials as needed
• Track updates across platforms and derivative products
• Convey information concisely, accurately, and in a reader-friendly manner
• Apply a keen eye for detail and consistency to both content and style
• Manage time efficiently, keep track of deadlines, and complete work dependably
• Stay good-natured under the pressure of a rigorous production schedule
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4-6 years of editing and writing experience, ideally on guidebooks
• Exceptional copy editing, content editing, proofreading, and writing ability
• Proficient in Word (including tracked changes) and Excel
• Ability to carry out multiple, concurrent tasks and projects accurately and on time
• Work well both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
• European travel experience, ideally using Rick Steves’ guidebooks, a plus
• Familiarity with any major European language, a plus
To Apply: Please visit our jobs page at https://www.ricksteves.com/about-us/jobs to submit an online application. Deadline for all applications is October 18, 2019. No phone calls, please.