Class A Truck Driver / Seattle **SIGN-ON BONUS**
Seattle, WA 98144
Take your skills to the next level at Franz Bakery! We are a 4th generation, family-owned baking company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. Since 1906, we have provided communities with fresh bread, buns, bagels, cookies and pastries, using the highest quality ingredients. Today, we have 10 bakeries throughout the Northwest, Montana, Alaska and California.
Franz recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide excellent pay, benefits and a dynamic, safety oriented culture.
For these reasons, you will be rewarded with:
• A sign-on/retention bonus of $3,500.00 (details to be provided)
• An excellent hourly wage, currently $28.42.
• A superior company-paid benefits package that includes: medical, prescription drug, dental and vision premiums coverage for you and your entire family.
• Time off pay: sick time, vacation and floaters.
• A union pension plan.
• Generous discounts on Franz products.
• We are paid weekly!
Transport Drivers will operate tractors pulling double trailers. Follows all DOT and company requirements to transport bakery products safely and efficiently to the required destination in a timely manner. Drivers will load and unload trucks at each destination.
Hours and Shift(s)
New employees are assigned to any work day: Monday through Sunday, and any shift: Day, Swing and/or Graveyard based upon production needs. A set schedule of days and shifts are based solely upon the union bid process.
• Operates a single or double tractor trailer on a combination of city and interstate routes and other distance destinations out of the main bakery and company depots.
• Operates equipment in varying weather conditions and install tire chains.
• Will drive both Inter-city destinations that consist of short driving distances compared to longer destinations to depot centers in outlying cities that may require 3-4 hour driving times.
• Distributes bakery products to various company depots.
• Reloads trailers with empty transport racks to be returned to the main bakery.
• Completes pre and post operation inspections on tractors and trailers.
• Adheres to all company safety requirements/policies.
• Drives in accordance with DOT and company requirements and is expected to comply with all state/local/federal laws.
• Communicates with supervision while on the route, as required.
• Participates in safety and occasional department meetings as required.
• Performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
• A high school graduate or GED.
• A minimum of 21 years of age
• Possess a valid Class A-CDL and meet the defined MVR standards to remain qualified to drive a Franz tractor trailer.
• Doubles endorsement.
• A minimum of 2 years verifiable commercial driving experience in a semi-tractor/trailer.
• A verifiable 10 year driving abstract.
• Frequent moving, pushing and lifting multiple baskets of bakery products.
• Good interpersonal skills and a can-do team oriented attitude.
• Reliable attendance and flexibility to work shifts and days as outlined in Hours and Shifts above.
• Adherence to Franz core values.