Join Wurth Louis and Company
QR Code Link to This Post
Distributors of a complete selection of hardware, machinery, hand tools, supplies, laminate and solid surfaces for the professional cabinet shop.
Louis and Company, founded in 1975, is a leading provider of quality products to the woodworking industry. With a product portfolio that includes such leading brands as Blum, Formica, Rev-A-Shelf, Knape & Vogt, Grass, Doellken Woodtape, ML Campbell, among many others, Louis and Company provides professional woodworkers with one source for all the products they use, need and want.
In 1997, the company's success attracted the attention of Professor Reinhold Würth of The Würth Group - a worldwide distribution organization serving the wood, automotive and metal industries. Würth took over his father's small wholesale screw business in 1954, turning over the company's leadership to his daughter, Betina, in 2006. On July 15th, 2011, Louis and Company became Wurth Louis and Company, adopting the parent company's well-known brand, Würth. Wurth Louis and Company still provides the same great service with a highly trained sales force and comprehensive product range with the industry's leading brands. Since becoming a member of The Würth Group, Wurth Louis and Company has grown to 20 locations in 13 states.
Delivery Driver (CDL required) - Kent, WA
- Day Shift hours
- No overnight stays
- Weekends off
- Holidays off
- No Peak Season
- Average 130 miles per day
- Advancement opportunities
- Medical Benefits, paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(k) Plan, FSA
In this key role, you will work with other members of the distribution team to increase company profitability and customer satisfaction by delivering complete, accurate and on-time deliveries to the company's customers. The driver will represent the company in a highly professional, safe and cost-effective manner that complies with DOT and other applicable regulations. CDL and hazmat endorsements are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare truck for operation by assisting in and overseeing the loading of trucks, securing of items and verifying the accuracy of shipping papers
- Inspect truck tires, lights, brakes, fluids, etc. to ensure safe and cost-effective performance with preventive maintenance in mind
- Deliver orders via the most effective route to ensure complete orders are delivered according to established time frames and customers' needs
- Maintain communication with company during deliveries to ensure any updated instructions are received
- Document delivery, accuracy and receipt of orders by the customer according to company directives and report any discrepancies to company
- Increase customer satisfaction by collecting information, feedback on service and resolving complaints per company policy; communicate information back to company
- Inform customers of new products and services that can increase customer satisfaction and sales
- Maintain and monitor truck maintenance and driving record requirements, and maintain required documents for safety, security and quality processes
- Update job knowledge
- Safely operate forklifts and other warehouse equipment as required
- Maintain a safe driving record free of violations
- Perform occasional warehouse and counter duties
- Maintain proficiency in computerized systems and other technologies as required
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
✓ Customer Focus
✓ Job Knowledge
✓ Interaction with others
✓ Decision making
✓ Problem solving
✓ Critical thinking
✓ Work management and dependability
- Valid CDL and clean driving record, hazmat endorsements are required
- Deliver superior customer service
- Able to read a map and accurately plan a route
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- Able to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Recognize and understand product numbers and alpha/numeric codes
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Operate forklifts in compliance with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requirements
- Lift/carry/maneuver heavy material or equipment (up to 75lbs.)
- Pass a drug screen and background check
Education and/or Experience:
- CDL and hazmat endorsements are required
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Minimum two (2) years in similar position preferred
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include a group health, dental and vision plan, long term disability and life insurance, 401(k) Plan, FSA, paid vacations and paid holidays.
Apply online click here
Wurth Louis and Company
828 West Valley Highway
Kent, WA 98032
Wurth Louis and Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only please. Temporary or permanent placement recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.