compensation: 52,000-63,000 per year employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Windows Engineer Summary
See and solve Tier 2 technical challenges so your nonprofit clients can help people and communities flourish. You will provide support by phone, email, and remote access, delivering advanced support of servers and infrastructure to clients and your team of help desk staff and field consultants.
As a member of the IT Infrastructure team, you will engage on planned projects and emergent work. The Windows Engineer position calls for a connector, with strong analysis skills, who is driven to successfully navigate advanced technology solutions. This position will use PowerShell to manage Microsoft Windows workstations and servers remotely.
The Windows Engineer is responsible for 501 Commons’ nonprofit clients achieving stable technology environments. Since you will be responding to diverse nonprofit clients with urgent needs and various levels of technical understanding, your listening and communication skills must be well developed. You will be called on to show initiative, persistence and commitment to your team.
At the end of the day, wouldn’t you like to know that you played a role in nonprofits successfully accomplishing their missions?
*Remote option available
Tier Two Support Line Services - (85%)
Provides Tier 2 support to ensure that scheduled and emergency issues referred by field technicians and support line staff are resolved in a timely manner so that 501 Commons nonprofit clients so they can achieve their missions.
• Utilizes remote management and monitoring system to effectively monitor, maintain and manage client systems
• Logs all customer questions and problems and tracks the issues through to resolution, including timely recording of problem symptoms and status information in an effort to communicate with and properly utilize 501 Commons consulting staff
• Works as liaison, as necessary, between the customer and their other technology providers, including Internet, email, web hosting, and third-party hardware and software
• Ensures problem resolution by initiating and tracking problem assignments to Support Line resources, vendors, and other 501 Commons staff, and by keeping the customer updated on the status of problem resolution
• Initiates timely escalation of customer problems when necessary by documenting the impact to the customer, assigning an appropriate priority and resolution target, and raising management awareness for business impacting issues that have exceeded reasonable or expected resolution timelines
• Brings creative thinking and initiative to other special projects that support the team’s effectiveness
Professional Development, Research, and Teamwork – (15%)
Works as an engaged member of the IT Infrastructure team. Provides Tier 2 backup that advances the success of the team successful so we can amplify the strength of our nonprofit clients.
• Strives to learn new products, trends and technologies; pursues independent learning opportunities; applies and shares learning gained from experiences and training; serve as mentor to team members; and deepens understanding of the nonprofit sector’s special needs
• Actively engages in team meetings and conversations, building a cohesive team environment
• Researches and assesses new products and emerging technologies for applicability in nonprofit and small business environments
Combines technical skills, initiative, excellent communications skills and an orientation toward teamwork will lead to satisfaction with the work and positive results for our nonprofit clients.
• Relationship Management –Works with integrity and ethically; develops and maintains constructive relationships by communicating respect; provides prompt and attentive service; handles interruptions and distractions with composure; develops trust and credibility with clients and team.
• Communication – Conveys information clearly in verbal and written form; demonstrates active listening skills; is able to communicate with people whose technology skills are at all levels; keeps others informed; maintains a sense of humor, even during difficult circumstances
• Reliability –Takes accountability for one’s work and determines solutions if there is a risk of not keeping a commitment; remains steady under pressure, using it to fuel efforts to become more productive and efficient. Able to achieve results with minimal supervision.
• Problem Solving – Identifies core issue(s) in a timely manner; quickly generates a range of solutions and identifies, tests and implements logical solutions; resolves problems in early stages; works well in group problem solving situations; uses diagnostic tools efficiently and effectively; follows established troubleshooting procedures.
• Managing Priorities – Prioritizes and establishes an effective balance when managing periods of high workloads and competing demands; plans and utilizes time efficiently; responds to changing customer needs; completes work in order of priorities.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
• Six or more years’ experience in local and wide area networking technologies
• Experience providing customer support over the telephone and/or remotely
• Experience leading projects and activities
• A minimum of three years’ technical experience managing and maintaining Windows 7 and/or Windows 10 in an Active Directory (AD) domain environment.
• Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting and resolving complex problems with Windows 7 and/or Windows 10.
• Experience with
o PowerShell for task automation, remote systems management, configuration, and/or data collection/reporting.
o Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
o Windows networking.
• Proficiency working with and supporting Microsoft Office suite in a networked environment
o MTA/MCTS, CCENT/CCNA, A+/Network+
o Valid WA driver’s license
• Knowledge of
o System security practices, intrusion detection, auditing, and mitigation methods on Windows OS.
o Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
• Experience with:
o Microsoft Azure
o Microsoft Active Directory
o Windows Hyper-V
o Domain Name Services (DNS)
o x509 certificates
We know the right person for this role may not meet all our qualifications. If you think you could be a good fit, reach out and let us know!
What we offer
• Flexibility within a M-F, 8am to 6pm timeframe, including working remotely and/or from home. If hired outside of Puget Sound region, travel to Seattle once per quarter would be provided for team collaboration.
• Collaboration with a small but highly professional team with opportunities for professional development.
• Benefits including generous paid time off, holiday pay, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Salary range: $52,000 – 63,000
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that a having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal valued and supported.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to the provided email address with Systems Engineer in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers