compensation: $40 - $60k/year depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Dynamic Computing is looking for an IT Service Technician!
Dynamic Computing is a leading Managed IT Service Provider to small companies located in the Puget Sound region and beyond. We're a small but growing company that is focused on being the best Managed IT Service Provider in the Seattle area.
Our team of 14 needs the right person to help take us to the next level. We're looking forward to adding a great new member to our team and thanks in advance for considering coming to work for us.
What kind of person are we looking for?
• Cutting Edge - As an IT service provider, we're focused on delivering the latest and greatest to our clients, while keeping their business objectives in the front of our minds. That means that we need you to know about new technologies, tools and trends to keep our team and clients current.
• Thirsty for Knowledge - Our clients have questions, and it’s important that you give them great answers! We want you to be the Wikipedia of all things business and IT (complete with excellent peer review abilities to help your teammates).
• An Accomplished Juggler - You'll be juggling tickets, internal IT specialties and projects, while simultaneously avoiding nerf darts each day. We're looking for your best Matrix-like Keanu Reeves impression while you're knocking out service tickets faster than we can send new ones your way.
• Calm, Cool, and Collected - You're likely to get thrown a few curve balls as a Service Technician. We need you to be able to take a deep breath, wait for the right moment, and knock them out of the park.
• An Excellent Communicator - Our clients see our Service Technicians as an extension of their own team, and we need you to be able to talk to them on their terms, and have them not only understand you, but hopefully hang on your every word (and follow your lead).
So what will I be doing every day?
• Supporting Client IT Environments - You'll be fixing and training and troubleshooting and helping with all the IT needs our clients have, both remotely and onsite. The majority of these will be handled remotely, sometimes you'll have to hit the road and see our clients in person. We'll provide you with a vehicle to use and all of the necessary tools.
• Customer/Client Service - This position is highly interactive with our clients and requires a great and friendly attitude. You'll be responsible for dealing with all different types of people and businesses with varying knowledge levels and decision-making abilities regarding technology.
• Client Environment Expertise - Our clients will expect you know everything about everything with a power plug or RJ45 jack on it. We understand this is clearly impossible. But what you don't know, we're going to help you learn! You'll use our internal knowledge base and leverage your teammates to learn how to deal with unfamiliar setups and problems and develop the expertise our clients are looking for.
• Identifying Big Picture Issues - The reason we're in business is to keep our client’s IT systems optimized and supported, and to prevent their systems from blowing up. Your job will be to figure out how to not only handle the client's request and keep them happy, but to make sure that problem you're dealing with never, ever comes back. And better yet, to solve every other problem you find too (in a reasonable amount of time, of course).
• Documentation - We all know that our own internal filing systems make sense. To us. But unfortunately, they make no sense to anyone else. Which is why we have a wonderful, amazing, peer-reviewed and internally created knowledge base! It's your job to create, edit, add, subtract, replace, and improve it every single day. That way when the next guy or gal has the same issue, they've got your best and brightest ideas on how to fix it all teed up and ready to go.
• Continuing Education - We plan on making you learn. About a lot of stuff. All the time. Even when you don't want to. And you're going to have to get certified on it. And we'll pay you for doing it. It's a wonderful thing for someone who's looking to grow, and we won't settle for anything less than your best and brightest.
What are the requirements for this position?
Here is a list of our "must-haves" in a Service Technician:
• Capable - Our hiring process is focused on your abilities, not your experience. If you think you'd be great at this job, please apply. The worst we can say is no.
• Knowledgeable - If you do apply, you'll get the great pleasure of passing about 15 different tests before you're granted an interview. Well not really 15, more like 3, but it might feel like 15 by the time you're done. Make sure you brush up on your survey-monkey skills, so we can make that the taste we get of what you'll be like every day is representative of your vast knowledge.
• Honest - We want the truth, and to hear it from you straight without all of the sugar coating. That's what you'll get from us, and we expect the same in return.
• Hard Working - We're a company that's growing, changing and pushing the envelope every single day. We're going to expect you to work hard and focus on moving yourself forward. It'll be worth it. We promise.
• Helpful - We’re a team. We want you to be an integral part of it. Which means we need you to help us and we'll help you, and we'll all do it with smiles on our faces (at least most of the time).
• Educated - There are a few pre-requisites for a job at Dynamic Computing. One is that you got an education that will help support your career path. For this position, it means at least an AA or Technical degree in something that's at least kind of computer or IT related. If you've got a Bachelor's degree, that's even better (unless its in General Studies). Heck, we'll even take a Master's degree (although we might not be able to afford you). If you've got a PhD, then we definitely can't afford you. Sorry.
What do I get for all of my hard work?
Good question! Here's the scoop on this position:
• Money - The salary range for this position is $40 - $60k/year depending on experience. After you've completed your training, you'll be eligible for our roadmap-based bonus, which gives you the opportunity to earn an additional 10% of your salary each quarter.
• Time - We'd like 40 hours/week from you. It might be 45 occasionally, but not very often. We'll also allow you to shift your start/end times to avoid Seattle's amazing traffic and give you extra comp/vacation time if you're asked to work outside of normal hours.
• Medical - We pay 100% of your medical insurance! (We're not kidding). We'll also make a contribution to your HSA account after you've been here for 6 months, and we'd encourage you to do the same (not to mention that you get a tax break for doing so).
• Disability - We also pay 100% of the cost of a short and long term disability insurance policy for you -- it ensures that you continue to receive income if you get hurt and are unable to work.
• Retirement - We provide a Simple IRA retirement plan, matched dollar per dollar for up to the first 3% of your salary, and you'll become eligible after 6 months of employment.
• Paid holidays - You'll get paid for 9 holidays without even showing up to work! You'll get to pick either MLK or President's Day, plus Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & following Friday, two days at Christmas, and New Year's Day.
• Additional PTO - You get 15 additional paid personal days off per year -- you can use them if you're sick or for a vacation.
• Transit Pass - You'll get an ORCA card that entitles you to free transit on the bus, train, light rail and more that you can use to get to work (and for your personal use).
• For more of our amazing benefits, check out our website!