Data Comm / Data Center / Structured Cabling Technician
QR Code Link to This Post
Seattle-based Technology Company needs full time technicians to work both in our data center and in the field. We are a small and energetic company, which needs qualified team members who will take an active interest in the continual evolution and improvement of our services. Our Data Center handles customer-facing trouble tickets, e-mails and calls that all need to be addressed in a prompt, courteous and professional manner. This position will also require travelling to customer locations in one of our service trucks. We dispatch across the state, sometimes out of state and overnight travel can be expected. We provide dynamic solutions in routing, switching, wireless, fiber, copper and VOIP technologies, among others. We are looking for team members interested in helping to manage day to day operations in our downtown Seattle Data Center as well as servicing our remote customers.
A positive attitude and professional appearance is a must, given that we work directly with many high profile clients, including law firms, hospitals, financial institutions and other technology companies in the area and abroad.
The right person will have most or all of the following skill sets:
• Previous experience in customer service
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Possess a general knowledge of the Internet, including browsers and general software.
• Will be able to work flexible hours, with consistent attendance and punctuality.
• Be a flexible and dynamic thinker.
• Strong work ethic and an interest in long-term employment.
• Have an interest in technology.
• Work independently or as part of a team.
• Good driving record with valid WA State license.
• Able to keep service truck organized and clean.
• Be willing to carry a rotating pager and be on-call.
• Have reliable transportation.
• Able to lift 50 pounds.
• Comfortable working on man lifts and bucket trucks.
• Comfortable working on a ladder and in confined/congested areas.
• Experience with data cabling (Cat5E, Cat6, and Fiber Optic etc.)
• Willing to travel.
• Have a consistently positive disposition.
Prior work experience in a technical and/or telecommunications environment is preferred and hiring is based on being able to pass a drug and background test.
Please send a resume and cover letter. U.S. residents only.
Who are we? Semaphore designs, builds, and operates infrastructure and networks for some of Washington State's preeminent organizations, including law firms, hospitals, financial institutions and content providers.
We specialize in structured cabling and indoor/outdoor wireless. Semaphore's Internet bandwidth and colocation services mean we have hands-on experience with the same technologies that our customers depend on. Semaphore supports products from Cisco Systems, Aruba, Juniper, as well as server and storage technologies. Learn more at http://www.semaphore.com/
We provide medical, dental, 401K, paid vacation, overtime opportunities and technical training, parking credit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.