The Northeastern University Seattle campus is hiring an AV/IT Support Specialist to join their regional campus IT team. This is a part time evening role that supports the evening operations of AV and IT for the Seattle campus. This role operates under limited supervision and acts as the first line of defense for afternoon and evening AV and IT issues on the Seattle Campus. The specialist role will support and troubleshoot classroom and event AV equipment including projectors, microphones, PCs, digital signage, and video conferencing.
QR Code Link to This Post
This role will work closely with staff, faculty, and students at the campus located in the South Lake Union neighbhorhood. The AV/IT Support Specialist requires excellent customer service and a passion for empowering individuals to use technology. This position a 25 – 30 hour a week position, and is available to be filled now. The AV/IT Support Specialist is a non-benefited with a pay rate of $20 per hour.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Campus Technology & Support
• Support and AV troubleshooting to include videoconferencing and audioconferencing room systems, projectors, digital screens, and other related equipment.
• Hands on and remote troubleshooting for room systems that include microphones, ptz cameras (vaddio), and desktop pcs and laptops
• Overall Classroom support including assisting faculty and students with accessing applications and Northeastern wired and wireless networks. Setup of classroom technology and configuration for courses as well as special events.
• Provide faculty and staff with 1st and some 2nd technology support, which includes: troubleshooting operating systems, applications, and network issues, answering questions regarding application use, and the installation of software.
• Image/reimage campus computers install updates and software.
This role requires the following skills and experience:
• Previous Customer Service experience
• Troubleshooting displays and projectors
• Basic IP troubleshooting
• Basic Videoconference Troubleshooting (Polycom a plus)
• PC and MAC Operating systems
• PTZ and USB/Web Cameras a plus
Interested applicants must submit both a cover letter stating why this role is of interest to you and a resume for consideration of hire.