compensation: DOE + Benefits employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Heritage Bank currently has an exciting opportunity to join our organization. We are looking for people who want more than just a job – who want to build a career and make a difference in the communities where they live and work by building and maintaining customer relationships.
The Shoreline branch is seeking a Bank Teller or New Accounts Representative (depending on candidate experience / qualifications) to help customers meet their financial goals by providing exceptional customer service handling routine transactions and opening new accounts.
This position is Full Time; typical schedule is Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Friday 8:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and rotating Saturdays 8:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Flexibility is required to work as needed to ensure adequate staffing for training or employee absences.
· Teller: Minimum of six months cash handling and customer service experience required.
· New Accounts Representative: 1 - 2 years recent new accounts and relationship selling experience, demonstrating working knowledge of new account documentation and compliance in a financial services industry - required.
· In-depth working knowledge of related statutory banking and compliance regulations, operational policies and procedures and the Bank's products and services.
· The position may require National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the SAFE Act of 2008. Continued employment in this position with Heritage Bank is contingent upon successful registration and annual re-registration thereafter.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand English well. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and access to reliable transportation; or the ability to access and utilize an alternative method of transportation, when needed, to carry out job-related essential functions and attend required training.
· Climate controlled office environment.
· Work requires regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule with willingness to work a flexible and/or rotating schedule. May be required to work Saturdays and/or extended hours, as needed.
· May be exposed to potential risk and hazards associated with criminal activity (e.g., robbery and/or attempted robbery, fraud, security) - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
· Work may involve the constant use of computer screens, reading of reports, and sitting throughout the day.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard, multi-line telephone, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, fine count cash and operate a cash counter which often requires dexterity of hands and fingers with repetitive wrist and hand motion.
· Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and duration of shift.
· Ability to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, push, pull and carry.
· Occasional lifting to independently move or transport money and coin, 25-50 lbs., or files and/or boxes 5-10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all qualifications for this position.
Heritage Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable law.