Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) for our Bothell, WA office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The selected candidate will evaluate, analyze, and investigate site conditions and work environments to successfully identify and control workplace hazards and meet regulatory and client requirements especially where toxic materials are used. Implement health and safety compliance programs within workplace and ensure all safety procedures of handling materials are followed, in terms of using the correct safety equipment and their proper storage. In addition, the position includes, and is not limited to:
• Technical guidance and assistance for environmental projects involving asbestos, lead, mold, and indoor air quality.
• Provide expert guidance to clients.
• Provide review of projects with environmental/safety aspects and determine industrial hygienist (IH) level of involvement.
• Provide assistance to clients performing abatement and/or abatement contractors including communication of abatement requirements and work plan design elements.
• Asbestos, asbestos abatement, regulations, abatement guidance needs.
• Indoor air quality issues, including mold investigation.
• Vapor intrusion issues.
• Review and evaluate asbestos surveys, work plans, and policies and procedures.
• Create sampling and analysis guidance for bulk asbestos samples.
• Provide CIH determined oversight requirements to clients. This will frequently pertain to extremely small abatement projects or projects for which the work practices have been previously reviewed and determined to avoid disturbance of asbestos-containing building materials.
• Review and assess (per OSHA expectations) contractor- submitted Negative Exposure Assessments (NEA) for Asbestos.
• Review and evaluate lead surveys.
• Provide technical guidance on other IH issues to internal and external clients.
• Provide Indoor Air Quality consulting services as related to asbestos, lead, mold and chemical contaminants. These efforts will include review of existing reports, exposure air sampling and determining appropriate remedial approaches to correct the Indoor Air Quality issue that may be present.
The ideal candidate will have experience:
• Conducting regular inspections at workplace to determine risk, safety opportunities and biohazards, and hazardous materials.
• Developing action plans for programs within workplace.
• Using specialized equipment/instruments to measure hazards such as airborne contaminants.
• Providing training to employees to reduce/eliminate injury in the workplace.
• Providing injury and disease risk assessments to variety of work environments
• Working in the field of Industrial Hygiene
In addition, you will have/be:
• Strong communication and leadership skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical experience
• Capability to work in a team environment, but individually when necessary
• Experience in fast-paced work environments
• A self-starter
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree is required.
• Certification in Industrial Hygiene (CIH) is required.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
The work environment consists of:
• Physical Demands can consist of standing for long periods of time when off-site, or sitting when in office.
• Extensive travel may be required to oversee multiple workplaces/sites.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Can be exposed to toxic environment with hazardous materials
• Will be working on construction sites when off-site
• Exposure to warm weather or cold environment
• Being able to drive on a regular basis is required for this position and it will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check and maintaining a valid driver’s license.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Requisition #10300000695 on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers