QR Code Link to This Post
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a Mid to Senior Level Environmental Consultant / Emergency Responder to lead and support field work predominantly in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States for Federal and Private clients. This position is located in one of the following offices: Casper, WY; Denver, CO; Grand Forks, ND; Helena, MT; Rapid City, SD; or Salt Lake City, UT.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ideal candidate will provide support on a variety of environmental projects, including emergency response activities with travel in the Rocky Mountain region of the U.S. This position will involve providing technical support to U.S. EPA contracts in the areas of emergency response, removal assessment, and removal action oversight and will serve as a field team lead and/or primary responder (R1) on various projects. The response team maintains on-call readiness to handle emergency responses and provide remedial and restoration guidance/solutions to clients in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. An R1 is responsible for the planning and oversight of operations and site health and safety.
Work will include multi-media sampling, field audits and inspections, organizing and reviewing data, preparing reports, file reviews, collection of air monitoring data, training and exercise support, contractor oversight, and related services. Responsibilities may also include training presentations; preparation of statement of qualifications and proposals, and other consulting activities. Work for other government and private sector clients in these areas is also possible.
The successful candidate will have:
• 5 to 7+ years’ experience in environmental consulting or related experience is desirable.
• Public speaking ability.
• Capability to teach technical courses.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple activities as well as organize, coordinate and analyze technical material.
• Excellent writing skills that include the ability to read and assimilate technical and scientific information.
• Strong understanding of chemistry.
• Experience with environmental air monitoring equipment maintenance, US Govt BioWatch program, ABS asbestos/vermiculate sampling, hands-on oil spill remediation, and dangerous good shipping is desired.
In addition, you will have/be:
• Highly motivated, customer focused, and work well in a team environment.
• Ability to work without supervision, manage a heavy workload, travel, and be on-call as needed.
• Excellent communication, client interaction, and organizational skills.
• Ability to produce well written, well formatted, accurate and concise technical reports supported by a mastery of MS Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) is strongly desired.
• Expertise in proven and effective training curriculum development and implementation is also desired.
• B.S./B.A. in Geology, Chemistry, Engineering, or other related environmental science degree.
• Advanced degrees preferred.
• 40-hour OSHA training and first responder certification preferred.
• Advanced ICS training also preferred.
The work environmental will require
• Roughly 60% travel to support environmental emergency response situations throughout the Rocky Mountain region on short notice, where the applicant will support field teams and provide technical support to EPA personnel at the site in a high-pressure situation.
• On-call support up to two weeks per month. The ability to respond quickly, within a mandatory response time, is required.
• Overnight travel and support projects on a national scale with the potential for weekend work is required.
• Lifting and carrying objects up to 50 lbs.
• Capable of wearing and working in an air purifying respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
• Periodic long work days, including 12+ hours, especially when in the field.
• This position requires you to drive on a regular basis and will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Requisition #10300000702 on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies