house laundry on site street parking no private bath private room
QR Code Link to This Post
We have a spot opening up in our wonderful home, the Montlake Palace!
We, the remaining residents, are five men and women ranging from our mid-20s to mid-30s. We are busy professionals and students who like to socialize and share our space but also enjoy our independence. This is not a co-op or intentional-living situation. We don't have a lot of turnover because the space is really great, so we want to find an awesome human who will fit in with our established group because we'll all be here for a while.
• LGBTQ-friendly, tolerant of all races, religions, gender identities... generally a nice person.
• 25-40 years old.
• Gainfully employed or in graduate school.
• CLEAN...did you see the photos? We like it tidy.
• Experience living with a multitude of roommates.
• Comfortable/interested in periodic house dinners and shared cooking.
• Comfortable with a quiet household. We're all busy and need our sleep so we don't throw ragers or bring the party home from the bar.
• Someone with not a lot of furniture. Our common spaces and kitchen are already awesomely furnished and we don't have much space for more communal items.
About the room:
Unfurnished, top-floor room with big north facing windows and a giant walk in closet. Bathroom with shower (no bathtub) shared with the two other residents on that floor. $650/mo
About the house:
The house is affectionately known to the neighbors as the "Montlake Palace." It was built in the early 1900s, has two above-ground stories, and a walk-in basement. It has been occupied by renters since the 1970s (we have the albums to prove it) and has a lot to offer. Our landlord is a local, long time Seattle resident and her son is our very responsive and skilled maintenance man.
• There are eight bedrooms in all, with one room reserved as a guest bedroom in case you have friends who need to stay the night.
• Large kitchen has 2 stoves/ovens/sinks and 3 refrigerators (with an extra freezer in the basement) so we never feel cramped.
• Great location: close to Montlake cut (2 min walk to waterfront park), University Light Rail Station, 520, many bus lines, UW campus, Burke-Gilman Trail, NOAA Fisheries, Arboretum.
Common areas include:
• Large dining room with built-in bar.
• Furnished living room with (decorative) fireplace.
• Spacious front porch and yard with room for a vegetable garden.
• Rear deck with patio furniture and propane grill, and a covered front porch.
• Laundry available on-site and storage in the basement for bikes and other personal items.
Move in date is May 1st, 2018. You will be subleasing until August 2018, then will sign on to the new lease when we renew it for Sept 1.
Rent is $650.00/mo
Deposit is $400
Utilities are $30.00/mo and cover wifi, heat, etc. with the remainder going toward a house fund (fund covers shared necessities like cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.).
Due to strict rules bestowed upon us by our landlord, we are not allowed to have pets of any kind. No, not even small dogs, cats, hamsters, bearded dragons, parrots.... etc. Just, no. Don't even ask.
Think you're a good fit? Email us about yourself and we'll schedule some time for a tour.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers