compensation: Compensation is commensurate based on experience between the range of $25-$35/hour employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Westlake Associates, Inc. Principal, Mike Todd, is seeking a new team member to oversee and manage 5 commercial properties and real estate marketing and sales projects. This is a 30 hour/week contract position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Property & Business Manager plays a critical role in overseeing the day-to-day property management tasks for a portfolio of five properties which include but are not limited to: ensuring tenants understand their lease obligations, help them overcome challenges, monitor rent rolls and collect monthly rents, schedule and oversee maintenance vendors, communicate with owners about property activity, and provide marketing for the properties. They will act as liaison between key stakeholders such as owners, tenants, and contractors and will use their exceptional interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills to build and maintain good working relationships. In partnership with Mike’s bookkeeper, this position will create annual budgets and perform annual CAM reconciliations for each property.
In partnership with Mike, the Property & Business Manager is responsible for generating and implementing strategies to pursue new management accounts that can range from family/privately owned shopping centers, office, and industrial properties. They will be asked to drive the growth of the portfolio which will directly impact their hours and compensation.
Must be organized, reliable, a self-starter, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be proficient with property management software (Appfolio preferred), Microsoft Office Suite programs, Google products and programs, and social media technologies.
• Property Management
• Marketing Coordination
• Business Development & Management
Property Management (70%):
• Monitor rent rolls and oversee annual rent bumps or lease renewals.
• Understand the terms of a commercial lease, especially related to maintenance and tenant obligations, and be able to guide tenants with that knowledge.
• Monitor and oversee monthly rent collection of all tenants, addressing delinquencies in a timely manner.
• Schedule and oversee any property maintenance requests/needs, working with regularly scheduled vendors as well as extraordinary projects or repairs.
• Provide monthly summary reports to owners about their property.
• Together with bookkeeper, create annual budgets for each property and monitor budget to actual performance on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Together with bookkeeper, perform annual CAM reconciliations and make adjustments to tenant accounts.
Marketing Coordination (10%):
• Maintain strong Facebook & LinkedIn presence along with regular blog entries.
• Monitor Google activity and manage advertising campaigns
Business Development & Management (20%):
• Research properties and contact owners introducing them to our services.
• Develop and maintain broker contacts within and outside of Westlake that could bring in management referrals
• Follow up on calls and emails
• Create a system for tracking leads
• Assist with other business tasks related to property management and real estate transactions
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Working knowledge of commercial property management including NNN leases, CAM reconciliations, property systems and maintenance
• Strong organizational & project management skills
• Proficient with Appfolio, Google and social media platforms, and Microsoft Office Suite programs
• Accountability: reliability and personal responsibility – honors commitments, takes ownership of work and promptly corrects mistakes to the greatest extent possible
• Confidentiality: shares information appropriately while adhering to privacy rules and confidentiality concerns
• Quality: ensures work product is accurate and consistent
• Curiosity: continually learning how best to support the Todd Commercial Management and its stakeholders
• Excellence: welcomes and adapts to different situations, personalities and cultures; seeks out ideas for personal, team, and organizational development
• Assistant or Senior Commercial Property Manager working with retail, office, or industrial tenants and NNN leases
• Residential property manager, specifically with multi-family apartments, that has strong ability and desire to learn new skills and systems
• Executive of business Assistant or developer/contractor administrator willing to jump into a new arena
• WA Real Estate License would be a bonus
• Flexible schedule of 24 hrs/wk (3 days) during business hours of M-F 9:00AM – 5:00PM to start
• A fun, relaxed yet professional office environment
• Office is on the water in South Lake Union
• Able to walk to nearby food trucks & restaurants
• In-office espresso machine
• W9 contract employment
• Attire is business casual
• Sitting for extended periods of time, working in front of a computer
• Sharing office space with Principal & Labrador
• Compensation is commensurate based on experience between the range of $25-$35/hour to start
• Deal bonuses
• Strong bonus opportunities
• Paid parking or transportation allowance
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers