We are a growing multi-family real estate company managing more than 600 units throughout King county. With the recent addition of new properties, we are seeking a new Property Manager to join the team! This is an excellent opportunity for a junior Property Manager looking for the next step in their career, or an experienced Property Manager looking for a new opportunity in this dynamic field.
Our properties are primarily smaller and older buildings that have been well-maintained or renovated, which fill an important gap in Seattle's apartment market. Our dedicated Property Managers are out in the field, working hands-on to ensure a positive tenant experience. The right candidate will have strong Property Management experience, a can-do attitude, and excellent customer service skills.
A typical day may include advertising, showing and leasing available apartments, coordinating service requests, assisting residents with questions and concerns, managing apartment turns, processing rent payments/depositing money received, and tracking delinquency. The PM can except to oversee around 200 units at multiple buildings in the greater Seattle area (you will be visiting these properties regularly, so a car is a must).
- 2+ years of property management experience, preferably in multi-family preferred
- Experience working across multiple sites/properties is a plus
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation - this position requires daily travel between various property sites in the greater Seattle area
- Favorable background check, including a clean criminal and driving record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate or better computer literacy including MS Office Suite and Appfolio or another Property Management software
- Working knowledge of property budgets and how they relate to real estate financial performance
- Understand and follow Federal, State, and local fair housing laws
- Capacity to remain calm in intense situations - conflict resolution skills are a plus
- Willing to accept constructive criticism and give appropriate feedback
- Organized and able to adapt to a fast-paced job and situational changes
- Maintain accurate and complete resident files in accordance with company policies
- Respond promptly to service requests and schedule necessary work to be completed
- Advertise and inspect available apartments
- Schedule and tour prospective residents
- Provide prospective, new, and current residents with exceptional customer service
- Ensure apartments are ready for new residents prior to move-in date, including coordinating maintenance and cleaning
- Monitor delinquency and pursue the correct path to collecting what is owed
- Compile and submit monthly financial reports for clients
- Conduct regular inspections of assigned properties
- Follow necessary protocol to maintain and support safe conditions to prevent accidents or injuries
- Assist Director of Property Management with tasks as needed
- Comprehensive medical/dental plan, 75% paid by company (after a 60 day waiting period)
- Company-matched SIMPLE IRA
- Annual Health and Wellness Stipend
- Generous PTO policy
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Leasing Commissions
- Development opportunities with a growing company!
Please email a resume and cover letter telling us why you would be a good fit for this position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers