We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to fulfill a position at an apartment community in Seattle, WA. This is a full-time position and some weekend and evening work may be required due to a shared on-call rotation. There is potential for advancement.
QR Code Link to This Post
The Maintenance Technician will report to the Property Manager and will assist in all aspects of maintenance for the apartment community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining the residential units, grounds, amenities, building exteriors, interiors, breezeways, curbs, leasing office, trash enclosures, parking lot and other building and common areas.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Completing service requests
• Possible monitoring or scheduling of all maintenance tasks and vendors
• Preparing vacant apartments for new residents
• Perform routine and emergency maintenance
• Assist with planning and execution of all preventative maintenance programs such as mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire and life-safety systems
• Understands and complies with Fair Housing Laws and standards. We provide training.
• Must have strong customer service skills
• Organizational ability and follow-up skills
• Attention to detail and a self-starter
• Effective communicator and problem solving skills
• On Call and Overtime required as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience – Limited experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, appliance repair and drywall is preferred. Swimming pool experience is a plus.
• Availability – On top of the 5 day work week, technician must be willing to be in an on-call rotation for 24/7 maintenance emergencies. This responsibility is shared between many staff members. On average each member is on-call one out of 4 weeks. Travel to sister sites may be required.
• Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Previous experience as a Maintenance Technician is preferred
• Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
• Will be required to help with coverage at sister properties
• Competitive wage, depending on experience. $23/hr plus bonuses.
• Excellent benefits including vacation and sick leave, health, dental, and vision insurance. 20% discount on rent if the chosen applicant wishes to live on-site after an introductory period.
To apply for this position, please reply to this posting and include a resume or a detailed history of employment. The applicant must pass a pre-employment/post offer background check and drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer.