compensation: $23-28 Per hour Depending on Experience - Health Benefits - Phone, Parking and Mileage Reimbursement employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Maintenance Tech performs maintenance and repair duties on commercial office buildings. The position reports to the Building Engineer and Property Manager and works closely with the Commercial team on projects and other functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Works on a team handling all requests for service or maintenance
• May monitor the work order system for incoming calls for service or maintenance
• Communicates with the Commercial Team to determine appropriate personnel or vendor to answer maintenance or service request
• Notifies Commercial Team of response time and conclusion of work request
• May supervise service contract providers
• Maintains safe and clean work area
• Maintains the preventive maintenance program
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Participates in after hours on-call rotation. Typically 1 week on, 4 weeks off. On call is paid OT.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ideally skilled in the use of various power tools and be computer literate
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a variety of internal contacts, vendors and contractors
• Must be dependable, organized and able to prioritize.
• On the job and continuous training is provided.
• Ideally have a general working knowledge of commercial buildings and an understanding of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems
• Knowledge of janitorial maintenance, security and general construction are preferred.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Valid driver's license required to travel from building to building.
(The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
This is a labor position and is considered heavy in physical demand. Requirements include the ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, extend arms and hands forward and overhead, finger and grasp. Must be able to occasionally bend, crouch or stoop.
(The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Work is completed both in and out of doors. The indoor work environment is with temperature control and natural and artificial light. The outdoor work environment includes all weather conditions and materials used in maintenance work. Regular exposure to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, carpet fumes, chemical fumes, toner products for printer and copier, and others.
Some travel will be required from building to building within an assigned geographic region. Mileage and parking are reimbursed.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers