compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Quantum Management Services, Inc. has an opening for a Resident Manager for Ronald Commons Apartments located in Shoreline, WA.
Position is full-time with compensation DOE, and includes benefits and 401k.
BASIC SCOPE AND FUNCTION OF POSITION:
At the direction of the Property Manager, the Resident Manager manages all operations of the property to ensure the property is operating in an efficient manner.
• Shows prospective tenants apartments and explains occupancy terms.
• Informs prospective tenants of availability of nearby schools, shopping malls, recreational facilities, and public transportation.
• Rent or lease apartments, collect security deposits as required, completes lease forms outlining conditions and terms of occupancy if lease required.
• Collects rent due and issues receipts.
• Operate the property within the financial guidelines (budget) established by the Property Manager and Owner.
• Conduct daily physical inspections of the property.
• Investigate tenant complaints about malfunctions of utilities or furnished household appliances or goods, and inspect vacated apartments to determine needed repairs or maintenance.
• Direct and coordinate activities of maintenance staff engaged in repairing plumbing or electrical malfunctions, painting apartments or buildings, and performing landscaping or gardening work, or arrange for outside personnel to perform maintenance.
• Resolve tenant complaints concerning other tenants or visitors.
• Arrange for other services such as trash collection, extermination, or carpet cleaning.
• Clean public areas of building and make minor repairs to equipment and appliances.
• Directly supervise several employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Quantum Management Services, Inc. policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Complete maintenance work orders submitted by residents; efficiently prepare vacant units for leasing, clean grounds on a daily basis; supervise landscape contractor.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge and implementation of all policies and procedures, including Tax Credit, or other regulations for occupancy and income certification, as applicable.
• Ensure all work performed on the property is conducted in safe and efficient manner.
• Ensure professional appearance and positive attitude at all times.
• Treat all employees and residents in a responsive and courteous manner.
• Ensures timely bank deposits are made, and legal filings are completed.
• Ensures that all resident requests or complaints are responded to in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
• Responds to all emergency or non-emergency situations that occur on the property over a 24-hour period.
• Prepare and complete all reports required by Quantum Management Services, Inc. and/or Owner.
• Perform additional essential functions from time to time as requested by the Property Manager.
• Become familiar with and behave in a manner consistent and in compliance with the Fair Housing Act and Discrimination Laws of Washington State and the City of Seattle.
• Complete initial, annual, and interim income certifications in accordance with Quantum Management Services, Inc. policy and procedures, Tax Credit, and any other regulations, as applicable.
• High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
• Minimum of three years' managerial experience within an apartment or related industry.
• Knowledge of residential/property management laws/guidelines (Tenant/Landlord Act, evictions, credit checks).
• Ability to problem-solve and make decisions.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good people skills including patience. Ability to work well with residents.
• Good organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
General office environment, exterior and interior maintenance work. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see, use hands and fingers to handle, and reach. Lift, and carry up to 40 lbs using proper safety methods.
Must pass a pre-employment / post-offer background check.