Star is over a year old female Syrian hamster who's looking for an active new home. She was surrendered to us when her owner couldn't provide for her. Star is hand tame and very extremely energetic. She is one of our most active hamsters we've taken in and would benefit from an active lifestyle where her new owners could provide a lot of space for her to run around, both inside and outside of her enclosure. SHE LOVES TO RUN so give her plenty of things to do like climbing toys, tunnels, you name it. She was also our first ever escape artist which shows how much energy she really has for wanting to be out and about. She could benefit if someone has an DIY Ikea Detolf enclosure for that energy of hers or will let her free roam daily while supervised. Star has been here since Nov 2018, she is our longest resident with 1/3 of her life spent with us. So if Star is for you, please read below before submitting an email.
* Star has been with us since Nov 21st 2018
- Beginner or Experienced Owner
- A big enclosure or plenty of time outside her enclosure
- No Cats/Dogs (For her safety)
Adoption Fee of $10
- Must be 18+ with a Valid ID to adopt
- Submit an email with your Name and Location
- PLEASE HAVE AN ENCLOSURE SETUP READY
* We do not adopt out with cages, you must provide one *
- Must pass our enclosure inspection (that's why we need it ready)
- If approved, you will sign adoption paperwork upon meetup (Meetup locations below)
To Adopt a Syrian Hamster, You Need:
- 600+ sq inches of floor space
(Length X Width = Sq Inch)
- Chew toys
- 10-12 inch wheel in enclosure 24/7
- Hides and Toys
- Veggie and fruits 3x weekly
- 3+ inches of bedding
- (Optional) sand bath
Enclosures we APPROVE:
- Critter Nations
- Prevue 528 cage
- 40+ Gal Breeder Tanks
- 50 Gal DIY Bins
- Ikea Detolf DIY
- Anything above the required size
More information about hamster care can be found by checking out the California Hamster Association and the Ontario Hamster Clubs website.
- We are foster based with no physical location so we do meetups after your application has been approved. We have 4 meetup locations we travel to for adoptions. They are: Auburn, Issaquah, Kent and Maple Valley. Please make sure you can travel to one of these cities first before inquiring.
*Munchie's Place for Homeless Pets* is a rescue/foster home for small animals such as Hamsters, Gerbils and sometimes Mice. We’ve been fostering animals since Winter 2016 and have a passion for rescue and rehabilitating homeless pets. If you have any questions regarding surrendering or adopting, please feel free to email us.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers