QR Code Link to This Post
Icicle Seafoods is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to work as an extension of the Purchasing department at the company’s warehouse yard location. This position verifies, logs, and maintains records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment while following quality and productivity standards. Responsible for assisting the Yard Lead with the day-to-day activities of the warehouse yard, including the material handling, inventory management and well as light facilities and yard maintenance. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is a year-round salaried, non-exempt, position that reports to the Purchasing Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Matches all deliveries with proper Purchase Orders.
• Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records. shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
• Maintains warehouse and product inventory.
• Performs data entry of shipment and product information and communicates updates to purchasing department and operation locations.
• Reports defective materials or questionable conditions.
• Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Required to make pickups and deliveries to our suppliers for parts and raw materials using a company vehicle, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience required:
• Proficient with computer and software systems (i.e.: Microsoft office products; warehouse management systems, purchasing systems etc.).
• Consistently manage multiple tasks with efficiency.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Excellent customer-service orientation and a high degree of professionalism.
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external clients at all levels of the organization.
• Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Prior Forklift experience and certification preferred.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Must have valid Driver’s License.
• Flexible, willing and available to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends as needed to meet business needs.
Work Schedule and Conditions:
• Outside Yard in all weather conditions.
• Inside business office for computer and desk work.
• Core hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Start and end times will be based on business needs.