compensation: Competitive; depends on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The QA Technical Support Manager is responsible for supporting the corporate Quality Assurance department and its food safety and quality initiatives including but not limited to: product specification maintenance, regulatory standards review and compliance, 3rd party audit conformance, administration of recall plan, consumer complaint handling, commercial claim support, and label and packaging review. Responsible for training new and existing QA employees throughout Icicle’s various production facilities. Requires travel between production facilities to monitor and audit QA practices and standards to ensure that company standards are being upheld. Reports to the Regional Quality Assurance Manager and is a salaried overtime exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contributes to the development and maintenance of all elements of corporate Quality Assurance program.
• Assure that products and processes are safe and meet regulatory requirements.
• Supports corporate QA function in Seattle office, and its implementation across all production locations.
• Provide proactive and preventative Quality Leadership to the Facility and Plant Management Teams.
• Ensures compliance with relevant food safety regulations, including: HACCP, Sanitation, & GMP’s.
• Provides oversight of, and ensures conformance with, packaging and labeling requirements.
• Collects and tracks key performance measures, such as consumer complaints and non-conforming product.
• Assists with preparations for 3rd party audits including scheduling and internal reviews.
• Monitors and audits QA practices and standards between all production facilities.
• Supports efforts to comply with all elements of the Salmon Control Plan.
• Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements.
• Monitors and develops processes to ensure appropriate, relevant and timely QA and operations data is captured and made available for downstream analysis and reporting.
• Participates on industry committees, as assigned.
• Assist with special projects, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skill and experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries, Food Science, Marine Science, or related field.
• A minimum of five years of industry experience in Quality Assurance with a food or seafood processing company.
• Previous seafood industry experience is required. Previous experience with whitefish, salmon and canning is strongly preferred.
• Candidate must be willing to travel and support remote processing sites during peak production periods.
• Clear, effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills.
• Strong organization and technical aptitude.
• Able to perform multiple tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Able to maintain a calm, courteous and professional demeanor at all times.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Must be willing and available to work extended hours as the job requires.
• This position is year-round and will be based in the administrative office located in Seattle. However, this role requires travel across Icicle’s various production facilities to monitor and audit QA practices and standards. The work schedule in Seattle is a typical M-F, 8am-5pm work week. While working in Alaska, circumstances can necessitate longer hours, up to 16 hours per day and 7 days per week.