compensation: Hourly rate depends on experience, benefits as stated in the ad. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Bakery Nouveau is looking for an experienced bookkeeper/accounting lead, full time preferred, but part time is possible. We are a growing business with 3 shops and over 100 employees, so there is a lot of data and processes to manage on a daily and weekly basis to keep the business running smoothly and also to plan for growth.
The Accounting lead will work with and direct a part time data entry assistant and report to the Accounting Manager and the owners.
The Accounting Lead is responsible for:
- Reviewing sales records, accounts payable and billable, and other data entered by the bookkeeping assistant for accuracy.
- Tracking and entering purchases made with bakery credit cards, and paying bills and balances in a timely manner.
- Reconciling sales, including cash overages or shorts, merchant accounts, balancing deposits with POS reports.
- Tracking cost controls, including pricing updates from vendors, and communicating with managers when there are changes to be aware of, or savings to be found.
- Communicate with managers, vendors and other accounts for any data needed.
- Provide reports to the accounting manager to assist with preparing monthly and quarterly business reports and tax filings.
On the HR side, the accounting lead:
- Prepares and submits payroll.
- Sets up new employees in the payroll system, and communicates as needed with our payroll vendor.
- Tracks eligibility for various company benefits, such as insurance or participation in our 401K, and assists with signing up, or the termination of benefits as required.
- Track and manage various employee needs, such as disability claims (L&I related and non-work related), FMLA, etc.
- Assist managers with tracking annual items such as reviews
- Assist with termination of employment, generating final pay checks, and requesting COBRA and 401K roll-over notifications as needed.
The successful candidate will have most of the following qualifications:
- High school education, Bookkeeping Certificate in Accounting, NACPB certification or equivalent, professional bookkeeping and administrative experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ previous experience with bookkeeping and payroll is required. Experience with companies employing 100 or more staff preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, results oriented attitude
- Proficient typing skills, including 10-key number pad.
- Basic business writing, and good verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with payroll services such as Paylocity, and generating payroll reports from a variety of time-clock sources
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook calendars, accounting software such as QuickBooks, and general use of company computer networks.
- Experience with inventory management software and commissary or wholesale tracking systems are a plus, but not required.
Benefits include health, vision and dental insurance, which the bakery pays a portion of, paid time off, a 401K with partial match, and generous discounts on bakery products. Please respond with a letter of interest and resume or other work history. Please include Bookkeeper in the subject line.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers