DAHLIN is a growing architecture and planning firm of 150+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place starts with our own working environment--a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website www.dahlingroup.com. for more information.
We are currently seeking an Office Manager/Marketing Coordinator for our Bellevue, WA office.
This self-starter will be primarily responsible for overall office management, supporting the Managing Principal and technical staff with administrative assistance. In addition, as an Office Manager/Marketing Coordinator, this person is a creative and enthusiastic team member with some responsibility for coordination, collaboration, and preparation of locally focused marketing packages, proposals, and presentations under the direction of the Marketing & Communications Manager. This individual gets along with a wide variety of personalities, able to meet and proactively anticipate changing priorities, while remaining pleasant and prepared to do whatever is required with a professional disposition. This positive professional also plays a key role in helping the office maintain an engaging and collaborative work culture, taking the lead in planning fun, informal events. As a member of the Administrative Team, responsibilities include supporting overall administrative operations by collaborating with other administrative staff across the firm, contributing to a positive and productive work environment.
• Work closely and effectively with Managing Principal and project managers to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
• Provide administrative support to Managing Principal, project teams and staff, requiring confidentiality, initiative, and sound decision-making
• Promote the corporate image by professionally representing the principals/executives internally & externally
• Manage emails, voicemails, phone calls, and calendar of Managing Principal, and provide timely responses on his behalf
General Office Management
• Reception, marketing, and administrative support for all staff; M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm
• Professionally and pleasantly greet staff, clients, guests, all mail/supply delivery personnel, vendors and solicitors
• Process incoming and outgoing mail daily, including overnight document/packages
• Organize meetings, conference calls and events; prepare agendas, make copies, set up rooms, order/pick up/layout refreshments
• Coordinate travel arrangements, including air/lodging/transportation, create and maintain itineraries, process event registrations
• Keep supplies stocked for employees by tracking inventory and ordering office/kitchen supplies as needed
• Primary contact for questions and issues regarding leased property and office equipment, including maintenance and repair work
• Maintain professional appearance and safety of office
• Maintain office records, files, and plans
• Regularly coordinate with operations of Northern California headquarters; participating in firm-wide operational meetings and events.
• Create, proof, and edit complex documents, proposals, presentations, and spreadsheets in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy
• Work on assignments that are complex in nature and require considerable judgment, initiative, and technical/specialized knowledge to resolve problems and/or develop recommended solutions
• Work under general guidance with minimal supervision, independently planning own work; may determine methods and procedures for new assignments
• Provide back-up support to other administrative team members as necessary
• Take on special projects and additional duties as requested
• Exercise independent judgement and discretion throughout the process of RFP/Q discovery, preparation, research and production for RFP/Q's local to the northwest - as assigned by the Marketing & Communications Manager
• Manage consultant coordination related to assigned RFP/Q's
• Coordinate proposal production ensuring consistency in branding, format and content, collaborating with graphic design team members as needed.
• Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Manager and Project Managers/Business Development Executives for project interview preparation
• May participate in bi-annual marketing visioning strategy and planning sessions
• Collaborate with administrative staff firm-wide, assisting offices with special marketing and business development events, such as event planning, coordination, and set-up
• Perform any additional marketing duties as directed by the Marketing & Communications Manager or Project Managers/Business Development Executives
• Assist Managing Principal and Project Managers with tracking project schedules, budgets, and billing
• Track revenue utilizing contract management system
• Train and assist staff in proper contract/budget management; maintain project tracking per project budget
• Coordinate with Accounting staff for accounts payable/receivable
• Reconcile, code, and submit expense reports/monthly credit card statements with matching receipts, ensuring timely processing
• Direct contact for vendor coordination and bill-related questions
• Coordinate with Human Resources Team in Northern California headquarters for all HR matters
• Facilitate interview process and provide orientation for new staff as directed by HR
• Facilitate annual reviews as directed by HR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Works well under pressure with the ability to meet strict deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a decentralized team environment while located in a regional office
• Well-organized, extremely detail oriented and self-starter
• Professional demeanor and able to present a positive image of Dahlin Group in line with its overall brand
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent grammatical, proofreading and editing abilities
• Ability to handle proprietary and confidential information
• Adaptable personality, with a sense of urgency
• Knowledge of Ajera or other CRM is a plus
• Graphic design experience, sensitivity and taste is a plus
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS:
• B.A. degree and 6+ years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Prior experience supporting executives of a mid to large sized company
• Work in a creative or professional services environment supporting multiple leaders
• Experience working with an Architecture or Engineering firm a plus
• This position requires visual acuity and manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment
• The employee must be able to sit or stand at a desk and able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.dahlingroup.com/careers. Please include a cover letter with your resume (PDF or Word/5MB max) that tells us why you are our ideal candidate and why you want to our work for our firm. Inquiries that do not follow these instructions may not be considered.
One last note... Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We'll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer. Sponsorship for an employment visa, now or in the future, is not available for this position.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.
DAHLIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers